M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very close to buying a m109r, it has been a lot of research, toss up between a HD Softail Standard 107 or the m109r, they are pretty much the same price here in Australia.
I want to know if the second gear dropout and the wearing of the gear selectors has been fixed by Suzuki on the 2021 model year.
This seems to be the most common issue that comes up in my research
Cheers Steve

Reactions: JUDAH-9

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I just bought a 2020 myself and did the same kind of research you did and I couldn’t find anyone with the issue past 2008 if I remember correctly.

I was lucky to get a 5 year warranty in Canada so it was an easy choice and I love my m109r. You usually can’t go wrong with Japanese mechanic.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Very close to buying a m109r, it has been a lot of research, toss up between a HD Softail Standard 107 or the m109r, they are pretty much the same price here in Australia.
I want to know if the second gear dropout and the wearing of the gear selectors has been fixed by Suzuki on the 2021 model year.
Cheers Steve
Hello Steve aka Antic3. First and foremost, WELCOME TO THE FORUM, and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an M109R owner. I'm saying it in that context, because I'm sure you're going to purchase the M109R you've been looking at. I am the proud owner of three M109Rs currently...an 07', 08', and a 14' LE model. I can assure you that Suzuki has resolved the issues you referenced, in the newer models from 2011 to date. The bike shifts much smoother, there is no 2nd gear dropout, and there are no issues with the gear selector. I've had my 07' and 08' models modified to correct the hard shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, and all of the other little annoying things that Suzuki failed to address in their late models from 2006 to 2009. Those two bikes of mine now shift like butter. I never had to modify anything on the 14' LE model, because it was spot on, smooth, and dialed in already from the factory, in terms of Suzuki having corrected the issues that existed in the later models, from build years 2006 to 2009. Do yourself a HUGE favor, and refuse to miss out on the riding experience of a lifetime, by going on down to that Suzuki dealership, and purchasing that new 21' model M109R that you already have your heart set on. That HD Softail Standard 107 can't even begin to compare to that M109R. :)(y)(y)(y):)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cheers Steve
I bought brand new 2006 back in the day.... never had any 2nd gear issues .

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I bought brand new 2006 back in the day.... never had any 2nd gear issues .
I can believe that, as not every late model 06' thru 09' M109R had that problem. However, there were enough of them that did have the 2nd gear issue that Suzuki should've been compelled to address and rectify the issues for their customers...simply from a good business practice perspective, and preservation of their company name and business in the market. The M109R was my first Cruiser style bike, and my first Suzuki bike ever. Prior to purchasing the M109R, I had no idea Suzuki was such a piss-poor company, with regard to customer/consumer support and satisfaction, or the lack thereof. I love my M109Rs, but I am hugely disappointed in the manner in which Suzuki spits in the face of their customers, after the purchase of their product has been made, while definite design and function flaws rear their ugly heads, and are brought to the attention of the appropriate leaders/managers within the organization. Suzuki really needs to do much, much, much, much better with their customer support!!!🥺😕😠😡😠😕🥺

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can believe that, as not every late model 06' thru 09' M109R had that problem. However, there were enough of them that did have the 2nd gear issue that Suzuki should've been compelled to address and rectify the issues for their customers...simply from a good business practice perspective, and preservation of their company name and business in the market. The M109R was my first Cruiser style bike, and my first Suzuki bike ever. Prior to purchasing the M109R, I had no idea Suzuki was such a piss-poor company, with regard to customer/consumer support and satisfaction, or the lack thereof. I love my M109Rs, but I am hugely disappointed in the manner in which Suzuki spits in the face of their customers, after the purchase of their product has been made, while definite design and function flaws rear their ugly heads, and are brought to the attention of the appropriate leaders/managers within the organization. Suzuki really needs to do much, much, much, much better with their customer support!!!
Suzuki are great in Australia, never had any dramas with them,
Mabe it was your attitude when you approached them?

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Suzuki are great in Australia, never had any dramas with them,
Mabe it was your attitude when you approached them?
I'm not referring to a local Suzuki Dealership. I'm referring to the Suzuki Motorcycle Corporation...the big boys and girls, which is the only place or level of Suzuki where you can even hope to get proven systematic changes addressed that will affect quality and production. No local Suzuki Dealership has the power to create changes at the Design Engineers or Manufacturing level of the Suzuki Corporation. I've always been fortunate to have local Suzuki Dealerships around or fairly near to my location who were wonderfully-amazing, and extremely-helpful...up to the capabilities of their mechanics. Heck, before I moved from Kentucky back in March of 2019, I had a very close relationship/friendship with the owners of a local Suzuki Dealership on the south end of Elizabethtown, Kentucky. There was absolutely NOTHING they wouldn't do to help me with anything I asked of them. However, there's simply not one Suzuki Dealership that has/had the power to change or upgrade the design or functionality of any components of the M109R, which were clearly flawed across every M109R bike assembled in their facilities from 2006 to 2009.

As for the emojis I added in my initial response, they are not representative of how I or any of our other members have approached Suzuki about the clearly proven and well documented issues concerning the 06' to 09' models of the M109R. We are much more seasoned and professionally-minded than that. They are nothing more than characters used to depict how frustrated and disappointed myself and many other members of this Forum are/were with the Suzuki Motorcycle Corporation's lack of concern, commitment, customer care, and customer service demonstrated to their very passionate and committed customer base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts