M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are tons of posts here with new exhaust opinions... I want to know which I shoul dbuy. I want the performance fo a 2 into1, I will be doing the PCIII also so I dont know if I need to worry abotu 2 into 1....but I also dont want it obnoxiously loud. The slashdowns are too long for me the dragsters are too darn short. I have yet to see the righ onw for me. Does anybody have an idea when the right one is coming out, or which ones I should be working with!! this is confusing me.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
try to be patient, Vance & Hines is probably going to be the right pipe but they are making sure they get it right and they just e-mailed me back saying 1st part of 07'. It's driving me nuts too. :(

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
mach2mz said:
There are tons of posts here with new exhaust opinions... I want to know which I shoul dbuy. I want the performance fo a 2 into1, I will be doing the PCIII also so I dont know if I need to worry abotu 2 into 1....but I also dont want it obnoxiously loud. The slashdowns are too long for me the dragsters are too darn short. I have yet to see the righ onw for me. Does anybody have an idea when the right one is coming out, or which ones I should be working with!! this is confusing me.
My opinion is...
Get the jsd-3M (feels stronger down low immediately)
Get the PCIII (Is stronger all over immediately)
Get/make an intake (they range all over from just 2 filters hanging there to BigAir etc) (really helps the PCIII)
Drill out the first 2 center sections of the stock exhaust. (they will sound MUCH better, a little louder, Look absolutely cant get a ticket stock, and flow a little better I believe) (really helps the PCIII)

At that point you will be very happy with the $$ for performance you have gained. Maybe not satisfied, but it will buy you some more time to make the exhaust decision.

Sledzep

·
Registered
42 Posts
steve j said:
try to be patient, Vance & Hines is probably going to be the right pipe but they are making sure they get it right and they just e-mailed me back saying 1st part of 07'. It's driving me nuts too. :(
Hey Steve,

Are we talking about longshots, large radius or what? What are they saying?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Big Suzi said:
Hey Steve,

Are we talking about longshots, large radius or what? What are they saying?
this is for a 2-1 for the 109. they are being very tight lipped about it though and used to be the only 2-1 they made was the Pro Pipe megaphone. they act as though it may be different and after looking through their website I have come to believe my gut feeling is it will look like the one on the front page of their website where they show the V-Rod 2-1 pipe. they do offer a 2-1 big radius for the Harley too so could be like that but I still think it will have a slight upsweep to it like the original pic of the 2-1 on the V-Rod. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts