M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any tips on buying a motorcycle on craiglist? I know one thing for me is to have the title in hand. How to you make sure you are not getting burned?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I bought my 9 off of craigslist and when I met the guy I was skeptical also. I asked for his DL and a business card, he was a super guy and mailed the title as soon as he deposited the cash that I gave him. You can meet them at their financial institution to make sure you get the title if they have to pay off a lien.

·
Registered
877 Posts
bought wife bike off craigslist...no prob just know where they live...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I bought mine on craigslist. I went with the guy to the bank and paid it off, gota receipt and when he got the title it was mailed to me.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
perfect timing for this thread

Bought and sold three bikes in less than 3 months! I agree with everyone about the title. Check the mechanical condition of the bike and look for scams like the one I just got two minutes ago regarding a Honda VTX... I'm going to have some fun with this character... read:

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Collin Asper <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Re: Honda
To: "HUMBERTO NORONHA" <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 3:29 PM

The price is $2,800!
This bike is a real 'head turner' and it will make you proud, it is in excellent condition,never been involved in accidents,1300cc ,only 4,500 miles, VIN:1HFSC55094A004432 clean and clear title,no mechanical problems,no scratches,flaws or any kind of damage,all functional and it will need nothing in the near future.
I have the bike sealed at DAS terminal in Charlotte,NC ready to be shipped out will take 4-5 days through DAS and it will be free,my previous buyer(his loan did not get approved)already paid for it and DAS didn't want to refund him the shipping fee.
I cannot meet face2face I have a new job in Tucson, AZ I would like to use Autotrader Vehicle Purchase to take care of this deal, smooth and safe. Let me know if you have any other questions, hope i didn't miss anything.
More pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/erpechere/Hondavtx?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjT1cGMuv3xxgE#slideshow.

Thanks,Collin.

my response:
Make arragements to bring the bike to the nearest Honda dealership for inspection and title verification. I'll pay cash at time of delivery.

Here are the bikes I got...

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i got my 9 from craigslist

1 - 9 of 9 Posts