M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm going today to hopefully purchase an 07 109 with 2,500 miles on it. I have already seen it once and it seems like it runs good. The only thing I noticed was a little extra shake when I hit the throttle hard, when in neutral. Is this normal for this bike or could it be the throttle bodies being out of sync? They commonly don't let people take bikes for test rides here in Fla. and it makes me a little nervous . The bike seems to run smooth when holding the throttle at various rpms. Please let me know what you think. I want one of these great bikes.Thanks, this looks like a great forum. Tony .

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not sure what you mean by a little extra shake? Keep in mind that you are winding up a 109 cubic inch v-twin, it's not going be still.

What are they asking for the bike? There are a lot of nice bikes for sell here with many modifications ($$$$$) already done. Take a look at the For Sale by Owner section.

Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Not sure about your issue, but one thing is for sure, there would be no sale until I was able to ride the bike. That's crazy!!

G/L on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi all, I'm going today to hopefully purchase an 07 109 with 2,500 miles on it. I have already seen it once and it seems like it runs good. The only thing I noticed was a little extra shake when I hit the throttle hard, when in neutral. Is this normal for this bike or could it be the throttle bodies being out of sync? They commonly don't let people take bikes for test rides here in Fla. and it makes me a little nervous . The bike seems to run smooth when holding the throttle at various rpms. Please let me know what you think. I want one of these great bikes.Thanks, this looks like a great forum. Tony .
its fine mine did it right out of the box, large bore V-Twins do that, other 9s do the same thing, nature of the beast, it will always do that, it did it when I nailed it on the freeway last nite, all is fine. P.S. if the throttle bodys were out of sync you would totally notice it, coughing and sputtering, I noticed a 9 with the throttle problem and it is very noticeable almost unrideable.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I have thought of the same thing Bernie, but If you were to sell your bike would you let them ride it? I don't know a guy from Jo Jo and I am going to give him my key.......NOT! I mean the guy takes her for a spin and comes back with the tires worn down, throttle cable stretched, coolant leaking.......scars the hell out of me. So, I guess I don't sell! :doorag:
Yeah, I see your point. But if it comes to a point where a buyeris standing there w/ money in hand and they seem for real, a test ride better happen.:D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
Mine does it. If you're sitting at idle and hit the throttle quick the tank will move a little and the bike sort of shakes. It's just the reaction from the engine revving up. I think it's kind of neat.

:welcome: to the forum too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, for the good info. I went to check out the bike and the were trying to rip me off on my trade in. They wanted to give me half of what I could sell it for. I'm glad to hear the little shake is normal. What was funny though is the salesman said I could ride the bike around the building. I never got it out of first gear and that was it. The salesman was at least honest when he said to go and sell my bike myself because they won't give me anywhere close to what it's worth. Anyway, as soon as I sell one of my bikes I will buy an M109. I love the way they look and first gear was even great!!!! Thanks again for the info. and I'm looking forward to being a regular on this site. Tony.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
:agree: with all members, the beast is a beast, so power "shake" sometimes ..... :D so i will say :welcome: to the forum .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts