M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this POS luggage rack and it came with rust on it and didn't even close to fitting my 2009 LE. I came wrapped in newspaper from China. BUYER BEWARE it was a piece of :edit:. I'm going to just spend the money and get an original Suzuki part like I should've done in the first place. If your thinking of buying one DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :verymad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZU...4723830QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I did just that asking for a partial refund because I already drilled the holes in it like the ad suggests.

thanks for the heads up did you use pay pal I`d file a claim with them asap!! Good luck Bro!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Junk

My genuine Suzuki backrest and luggage rack was a disappointment too. They started pitting within 6 months. The Jardine removable part was much better quality chrome. Rod

·
Registered
319 Posts
My genuine Suzuki backrest and luggage rack was a disappointment too. They started pitting within 6 months. The Jardine removable part was much better quality chrome. Rod
I was thinking of the jardine but I have heard of many complaints about it breaking near the weld :dontknow: any problems with yours?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Suzuki rack

My genuine quality Suzuki rack is fine, but the uprights are TERRIBLY pitted... I contacted Suzuki of U.S. and they said they only gave a 180 day warranty on accessories.... DISAPPOINTED... I am gonna have the parts blasted and powder coated blue since my bike is 2007 LE... Just wanted to add my two pennies...

Randy

·
Registered
948 Posts
Tribble dipped would be extra shinny because they are so plush and furry... for chrome so bright you would think it's transparent aluminum... if they sell any rubber products I assume they would be Vulcanized and of course I am sure all of their exhaust pipes come with Spock arrestors.:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry.... the inner trekkie in me just couldn't resist the opportunity.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Maybe Liquidpain could chime in here. Isn't it possible to strip and rechrome parts to a much higher quality. It might be cheaper than replacing the more Expensive Suzuki parts when they start pitting.
Bob

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too late

I pulled the trigger on a Suz luggage rack today $150.00. It'll be in on Wed of next week. All in all I spent $223.95 after buying that POS and the Suz rack. Live and learn, I guess! :eek:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I pulled the trigger on a Suz luggage rack today $150.00. It'll be in on Wed of next week. All in all I spent $223.95 after buying that POS and the Suz rack. Live and learn, I guess! :eek:
ive learned more than a few things the hard way. sometimes its for the best. as a matter of fact, i have a degree from the school of hard knocks!:joke:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jardine brackets

Mine hasn't failed. They are definately under designed. I keep a close eye on it. I mounted a set of leather bags to the side plates so they are detatchable also. Rod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.