M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others, my bike was over-filled by the dealership. However, mine was over by more than a quart and a half. If you count what went on the ground I would say closer to two quarts. I only have about 40 miles on my bike but I use the "Moto Man" break-in procedure, so my bike has seen its red line three times already. Should I be concerned about engine damage? It seems like running a bike that hard with almost two extra quarts can't be a good thing. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talked to a motorcycle mechanic friend of mine who said that this over fill issue probably won't result in any engine damage, BUT, he does think that the dealership should, at the least, give us something in writing that states they will cover any issues with the bike that result from this.

G

·
I know that in a overfilled crankcase the oil will agitate and foam. From what I understand the internals are not lubricated as good as should be. I sure hope someone with more knowlege than I will make a post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.