M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing really came out nice and it's as solid as a rock. The chrome is perfect and I got to tell you it really looks pretty cool on the bike. 8) As a mater of fact I went to Walmart to get some soft ties and when I came out there was a small group around the bike. I walked up to the trailer and popped the lid and one of the guys came over and started asking me a bunch of questions. One of the kids asked what bike it was and I told him it was a Suzuki M109R and he knew exactly what it was then and that it was the most powerful v-twin on the market. 8) They loved the whole setup. :doorag: So I guess I won't need to take my GPS, MP3 and trailer off to be cool. ;) :evil: :bigthumbsup: :super:

By the way I tested the trailer up to 105 mph and I couldn't even tell it was back there. I' think this is going to work out great. The trailer I have on now is a loaner (thanks John and Andy) and I will be changing it out for a Roadstar I'm pretty sure. :doorag: :super:

G

·
There you go.  That's tuff.  There is a dude I met at bike week who works somewhere on the Dragon and he pulls a trailer through there behind his VFR.  I will consider that for my Sturgis ride next year. Of course the trailer will have to be lowered at least 2.5'!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lamonster said:
This thing really came out nice and it's as solid as a rock. The chrome is perfect and I got to tell you it really looks pretty cool on the bike. 8) As a mater of fact I went to Walmart to get some soft ties and when I came out there was a small group around the bike. I walked up to the trailer and popped the lid and one of the guys came over and started asking me a bunch of questions. One of the kids asked what bike it was and I told him it was a Suzuki M109R and he knew exactly what it was then and that it was the most powerful v-twin on the market. 8) They loved the whole setup. :doorag: So I guess I won't need to take my GPS, MP3 and trailer off to be cool. ;) :evil: :bigthumbsup: :super:

By the way I tested the trailer up to 105 mph and I couldn't even tell it was back there. I' think this is going to work out great. The trailer I have on now is a loaner (thanks John and Andy) and I will be changing it out for a Roadstar I'm pretty sure. :doorag: :super:
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I can take my boots :D :D :D
Are you on the way YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Joe.

·
Registered
898 Posts
as long as you can still hit 1 bill on the speedo its all good :bigthumbsup: allthough i am not a iron butt :D the only trailer that my bike knows is the one i would be loading it on to take it up there ;) i could prolly do a wing that distance 8)

what is your itinerary?

khrome

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LionsGate said:
I noticed a Bushtec Roadstar on eBay. It has full carpet, luggage rack, tubular bumper and rock bra. Going for $2,000 used...whoa. :eek:

Item number: 290009327543

LG
That's a great deal. 8)

khrome13 said:
as long as you can still hit 1 bill on the speedo its all good :bigthumbsup: allthough i am not a iron butt :D the only trailer that my bike knows is the one i would be loading it on to take it up there ;) i could prolly do a wing that distance 8)

what is your itinerary?

khrome
4 of us will be leaving Prescott, AZ on Saturday, July 29. We are going to go by the Grand Canyon on the way to Moab, Utah for our first nights stop. Only 400 miles but it will give us some time to look around.

Second Day Moab to Cheyenne 451 miles

Third Day Cheyenne to Rapid City 308 miles :doorag:

ITguy said:
Trailer setup looks great. :bigthumbsup: I'm with Krome on this one though. Only trailer my bike will see will be the one it is riding in, not pulling.

I noticed your tie-down points (around forks above lower triple tree) and wondered if this is the best point for this bike? I typically do the bars when trailering but would this location be better?
I was reminded by John the owner of Bushtec that years ago I said that he built a nice trailer but I would never own one. Crow doesn't taste that bad after all. ;) Guess this is my new view about trailers.
Trailers, they're not just for old men and their wifes anymore. :doorag:

Yes the lower tree is the best place to tie a big bike. Handlebars can bend and loosen up the tie downs, don't ask me how I know that. ::)

Xhiler8r said:
hate to be the one to say it but.... that trailer does not make your tire look fat!!!
Funny you should say that. One of the first comments from one of the guys at the Walmart was that my tire was bigger than the tire on his car. :doorag:

G

·
Lamont, saw you were pulled up in front of Electrical Connection. What a great vendor. For those who may not know. Lewis Preston, who owns Electrical Connection is the son of John preston who owns Bushtec. If you have ever had dealings with Bushtec you know what a quality outfit they are and John is a quality man. Lewis does business just like his father. A+ products and first rate customer service. He makes alot of items for goldwings and BMW, but has a good bit of multi purpose items. I know you guys have them in your store. This is just an FYI for anyone who does not know about them.

Lamont, did you get the electronic air adjustable ride kit for your trailer. I understand Lewis can send it over to Bushtec and have them install it while they build your trailer. That way you do not have to bother keeping a pump in your trailer. It is pretty trick.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don't know if you've ever been through this area. All of southern and central Utah is breathtaking. The "Moab to Cheyenne" is gonna be lots of fun, too :D Sounds like I-70 to Denver, then I-25 to Cheyenne. Keep a jacket on the top of whatever your clothing is packed in. Vail Pass and the Eisenhower Tunnel are both around 12,000 feet and it can be chilly, even in the middle of the day.

Here's to good weather, good roads and a big memory card in the camera :beer3:

Bryce Canyon, Utah:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts