M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

New to the board!

Been lurking around for a while but i think im ready to pull the trigger on an M109r. Just wanted to know if anybody has a Busa and an M109r like I will? I want a cruiser with some muscle and im hoping the M109r is the right choice. Will i be dissapointed with the drop from the Busa to the M109r? I know its not as fast but I at least need some decent torque and acceleration to stay happy.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
:welcome:Lots of guys have them. Lots of guys came from them.:bigthumbsup:
I'm sure they will chime in soon.:a18:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
you will not be disappointed sir.

i will be trying to buy a busa in the spring...... maybe......just read that the 2011 M109 will be released in 2010 LE form...:drool:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Came from a Busa here....completely different kinds of rides...this bike is a blast to ride...you will get no where near the rush you will on the Busa IMHO, but that is not why I ride this bike either...I can hop on this bike...bust a$$ for a whole day and enjoy every minute...the Busa I would hop on it....bust a$$ for a day and have my body killin me by days end...but dont get it twisted...I loved the Busa and miss it from time to time without a doubt...was just looking for a different kind of ride...as far as torque...no worries there my friend...this bike will deliver...if you are keeping your Busa its a win win, no brainer, make it happen :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Came from a Busa here....completely different kinds of rides...this bike is a blast to ride...you will get no where near the rush you will on the Busa IMHO, but that is not why I ride this bike either...I can hop on this bike...bust a$$ for a whole day and enjoy every minute...the Busa I would hop on it....bust a$$ for a day and have my body killin me by days end...but dont get it twisted...I loved the Busa and miss it from time to time without a doubt...was just looking for a different kind of ride...as far as torque...no worries there my friend...this bike will deliver...if you are keeping your Busa its a win win, no brainer, make it happen :bigthumbsup:
:agree:I did the same thing as you Ronnie and I agree 100%!!! Pull the trigger, especially if you will still have the busa to hop on. I have been thinking about adding a Busa or a 1k back to my stable. I miss the top end hit of those Sportbikes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a ZX12R currently and agree with everyone else, they are two different rides. You will never reach top speeds that you do on your Busa or as I do on my ZX BUT the torque on the 9 is definitely in a higher league. I was amazed at how much the bike just literally lifted off the ground when I pulled on the throttle. 2nd gear is a concern as it is in no way a smooth transition. But with pre-loading I find it helps. Other gear shifts you will find clunkier than the sport bike, but again remember that the sport bike is a much more refined machine. This bike is for 'cruising'.

Hope some of this helps. Oh ya, I have more storage on my ZX12R than I do on the 9..... literally.

Good luck.
Paul

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
loved my Busa for the adrenaline rush it gave me! Wish I still had it in my garage right along side the 9. Like every one else has said, def. a different ride. I enjoy riding the 9 more, plus the nine turns more heads than the Busa did!

·
Registered
680 Posts
loved my Busa for the adrenaline rush it gave me! Wish I still had it in my garage right along side the 9. Like every one else has said, def. a different ride. I enjoy riding the 9 more, plus the nine turns more heads than the Busa did!
Had a 2000 turbo with just about everything! Bad ass bike and had it till 2005 when i sold it. Always loved sport bikes and always had them. (love all bikes)
I always wanted a cruiser or custom chopper type bike but was always afraid that maybe I wouldn't like it. In 2007 I bought the 9 and in my opinion it is by far the best bike there is to transition from a sport bike to cruiser and especially a Busa. As mentioned it is a different ride and the overall speed of the busa is not but the torque is amazing on these things. Don't get me wrong, the 109 can get up a go and with a little mods they wake right up.I have to agree that even with my totally custom busa, I get more looks and compliments on my 9. if ya like riding long distances too then the 9 is a good choice as well.
If your looking to possibly transition over to a cruiser then this power cruiser will be the perfect fit!

Good luck1

juice109

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Came from a turbo busa myself with the same questions. I have no issues and love the 9 but wish I had both. I do however still have my turbo and will someday either get another Busa or install it on the 9. :eek:

Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went from a 2002 VFR to a 2002 Busa to a 2002 Turbo Busa to an M109R. For daily riding or long trips, heck, any trip, you can't beat the 9. It's comfortable, it looks amazing, it's got gobs of tourque and even handles well. The V-twin/shaft drive takes some getting used to but I wouldn't go back.

That being said, I'm still considering a sport bike (read busa or zx12) for drag racing only. I think I'm heading to the strip with the 9 this weekend to put a few passes on.

The old girl:

The new girl:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I prefer both !

:bigthumbsup:

Not a lot of mods on either, but I prefer to have both !

:welcome:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just got my 08 Limited M109 about a month ago (new left over). I also have a 06 Limited Busa, 05 Texas Chopper, and 08 Goldwing. I like them all. They each have a different purpose.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
you won't be disappointed in the 9 if you buy one. will you notice and miss the throttle response from the busa....YES, but it is comparin apples to oranges.
the 109 is one of the fastest cruisers on the market today. add the bike's strong tendency to turn aheads and demand attention and you will be happy you bought it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts