M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired waiting for the bungie buttons so I bought a pair made by MidUSA.  I used  2" long by 3/8'  by 24 pitch stainless steel bolts.  I had to enlarge the existing (Rear bolt holes after removal of the standard bolts) holes slightly so the new bolts would fit.  I also used 1 stainless steel washer on each bolt head which are inserted from the backside of the fender. $5.00 plus tax for the chrome bungie nuts and a couple of dollars for the  2 stainless bolts & washers!

Chuck

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Since I ride to work daily and work nights I always carry lunch with me and noticed right off the lack of bungee access. I made my set up by using longer 8mm bolts than stock and about a 1" spacer made out of aluminum tubing that the 8mm bolt fits through then a washer between the fender struts and spacer and another between the spacer and an "S" hook big enough for my favorite bungee cord but small enough for the 8mm bolt. finished it off with a chrome metric acorn nut. this was done on the rearmost bolts. works for me.

·
Registered
898 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
and why,why on earth wouldn't you just buy metric bolts to fit and sleave the buttons you bought? :dontknow:eek:r like I'm doing wait for lamonts to get here! Thanks Lamont! :bigthumbsup:
His first sentence says" I got tired of waiting "Â Â :realmad:

khrome :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Khrome,

I was juust being honest, I dont think that should be a problem with anyone :verymad: :swear: :realmad: :dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts