M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made some bungee buttons at work while I was boring out a 2800 xpb crowd drum. I think the first time, I stab my leg, I'll have to modify them.
I still need to polish them up.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Here, let me help you out with the pics. Remember, the image URL goes in between the [im g][/im g] tags (spaces inserted in IMG so they would show up...)

G

·
I have not looked at the bike that hard yet - as I do not have one - I take it there is not a good place to hook bungee cords?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That would look very awesome polished as I have seen a couple of items on Ebay that are for the tank and the front end that would be quiet a neat look !

Let me know if you intend on making more, and how much would it cost? I may gets some from you since on a silver bike I think that would look great ! Plus you can put bungee cords around too! LOL :doorag:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Is that for convience? or is that a WEAPON?? :joke:

BTW: the reflector post under the edge of the fender works pretty good for attaching bungees. One bungee wrapped around it gives you two hooked ends to clip on things. :joke:

·
Registered
849 Posts
I was wondering how many of you would catch that.
Actually, that's the first I've noticed it. Thanks for pointig it out. I'll tend to it when I replace the front tire.
Jer

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
jerbear said:
I was wondering how many of you would catch that.
Actually, that's the first I've noticed it. Thanks for pointig it out. I'll tend to it when I replace the front tire.
Jer
Actually, I don't think it's safe to run the tire backwards (due to the tread design). You should just take it to the dealer and have them fix their mistake. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
My problem is medic, I'm wheelchair bound right now waiting for back surgery so I can walk, and ride again, so I can't even get out to check the bike. I have a friend coming over tonight to check the tire rotation arrows to see if the tire is actually mounted backwards. That might account for some of my early front tire chunking. I'll tell my dealer to keep a better eye on his setup guys.
Not that it will make a lot of difference until I can get on the bike again, but he eventually plans to get the bike over to his garage so he can get it up on the hoist for me to do an oil change, install my FI2000r, and a couple of other things.
My surgery, fairly extensive, isn't scheduled until the first week in August although I'll get the first cancellation the the Orthopod has. So It looks like my buddy will have some time to work on it. We always do the tire changes at his place too as he has the equipment for it so we can break it down there if we have to. Again guys, thanks for catching it in the pic.
Jer
Medic1210 said:
Actually, I don't think it's safe to run the tire backwards (due to the tread design). You should just take it to the dealer and have them fix their mistake. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Med and Sled,
Again, thanks again for the heads up. My buddy just got over here for a few brief moments in between raindrops and checked it out. He says the directional arrows were lined up correctly for wheel to tire if wheel had been installed correctly. He said he'll turn the wheel around after he gets back from the Coloradical VTX rider's run. He's leaving Thurs. AM and I sure wish I could be heading out there with him.
Jer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.