M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER M109R SITE. I CALLED MY SERVICE MANAGER AND THEN EMAILED IT TO HIM AND HIS REPLY WAS," THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP THAT WAS POSTED BY SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T OWN A M109R." HE ADVISED ME THAT EVERYTHING HE MENTIONED WAS COVERED FOR 12 MONTHS AND UNLIMITED MILES AND ALSO WAS COVERED ON EXTENDED WARRANTY. HERE IT IS AS FOLLOWS: 1700 miles and my bike is toast. I've had horrible clunking in the transmission since day 1 and the Suzuki tech line told the 1st dealership this was normal. They adjusted my clutch lever and said I would be okay. Fast forward a few hundred miles and the clutch would slip anywhere above 4000rpm. I couldn't go above 40% throttle without it slipping. Bring it back to the dealership and they said it was fixed. Then, I couldn't get the bike to engage the clutch above 2500rpm. Basically, once I was over 2500rpm the engine would rev but the bike wouldn't go anywhere. The dealership states that the clutch was as tight as it could be adjusted, however, there was still play in the cable. Wouldn't this suggest that the clutch isn't disengaging all the way? Now, I have 1700 miles on the bike and after the 1st dealership couldn't fix the bike correctly I go to the dealership where I bought it. After a test ride and tear down they said that the clutch is toast. The repair is $868.22 and it is not covered under warranty. I've complained to the Suzuki customer service line and they say, "Sorry, its not covered under warranty." How can this be if the 1st dealership told me it wasn't disengaging all the way? Now, I am waiting for a call back from the district rep. I have owned the bike for 2.5 months and its been in the shop for 1.5 months. If this bike isn't fixed I am trading in this turd for a Warrior. This is the LAST Suzuki product I will ever buy. Anyone else had the same issues? I find it unacceptable for a tranny and clutch to be this sloppy.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Maybe he smoked his clutch. Somebody on this forum did pretty much the same thing and had to fight to get it covered under warranty. I can see him having trouble getting a toasted clutch covered under warranty. What about his story say liar? I'm just curious if I missed something.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Medic1210 said:
 What about his story say liar? I'm just curious if I missed something.
my sentiments exactly. maybe he did have a defective clutch, and maybe the stealership DID try to rip him off, or maybe he is lieing. But we all know how Stealerships are and how they will try to gouge you and stiff you on warranty work. could be wrong, but maybe the dealership is just trying to salvage their name, by ruining his......my 2 cents

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds simple enough to me. This guy smoked his clutch by beating the crap out of it and trying to drag every idiot he came across. There are only so many hard launches the clutch plates will withstand. If you're drag racin' at every light, you're slpping the clutch and burning the frictions. Why WOULD it be a warranty issue? That's pure abuse and wear on the frictions. If I were the dealer, I'd bounce his ass out of there if he has burnt frictions too. I highly doubt anything was actually defective. Suzuki has a very strong history with factory clutches. When we were roadracing we tried every aftermarket clutch and nothing held up as well as the factory stuff. We ended up using Suzuki frictions and they held up unbelievably. Pure and simple, he smoked it and now he's crying because they don't cover rider ignorance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
First off,  a stealership trying to weasle there way out of warranty work is not very unusual guys.  Second, it is very possible that this guy got a lemon bike......not uncommon.    At least give him the benifet of the doubt before calling him a liar. SUZUKI IS NOT PERFECT get used to it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
you would be amazed at what people try to claim under warranty. a lot of times they get away with it because the dealer can't tell them there idiots

G

·
Ruben said:
First off, a stealership trying to weasle there way out of warranty work is not very unusual guys. Second, it is very possible that this guy got a lemon bike......not uncommon.  At least give him the benifet of the doubt before calling him a liar. SUZUKI IS NOT PERFECT get used to it.
All I am going to say with the abuse that I have given my Beast, if the clutch fails before 10,000 miles it will be the last Zuki I buy. And, Zuki does not cover it, it will be Honda all the way forever. I beat the piss out of my VTX, 1 up, 2 up all the time and that clutch never blinked.

I am leaning towards "TROLL"! :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

I have many PM's, E-Mail's from guys with very mysterious problems but I never get pictures or confirmation. Some have even, recated there original problem with a different problem that proved to be a bonus.

This bike is built tough and will prove to be bullet proof.

"TROLLS are TROLLS" always have been and always will be.

I don't see that post here, we have what 1600 users, the other sites don't even add up to 500 users. TROLLS need a small audience to impress, they can't take the heat. :doorag: :doorag: :evil: :verymad:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ruben said:
it is very possible that this guy got a lemon bike......not uncommon. .
So it's common? Not in my experience with Japanese motorcycles. I personally can't think of anyone I know who bought a lemon Japanese motorcycle. I definitely have heard of more than a few HD's that didn't quite hold up, but generally on the whole I think it is very uncommon for a motorcycle to be a lemon. I would almost bet cash that something wasn't adjusted correctly, or the owner is a squid who slips his clutch for way too long while racing from light to light.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Automotive oils at first oil change maybe.............................. ::)

·
Registered
906 Posts
1st: Suzuki is not perfect or any other Manufacturer or they would need a warranty.

2nd: The human hand is involved, there can be a mistake, someone new on a line whatever. Even the Space shuttle, the most advanced technology in the world, goes up, comes back down, sometimes, unfortunately, not in one piece.

3rd: A clutch is not a warranty item, it is a wear item, that would be a Guaranty.. of course, it depends on how the person has acted to whether it could be covered by warranty or another means and the term slips my mind but there is always a way to cover some things... I know, I have owned shops and had to deal with such things.

4th: it could be dealer/technition error.

5th: rider error ... which from the read of that post, I am leaning towards

·
Registered
379 Posts
If the owner really believes he is not at fault then why don't he just get lawyer. I've been in a similar situation with a new car. The car was a demo and the clutch went out within the warranty period. I got the same run around from the dealer until I got a lawyer. Suddenly the dealer was glad to take care of me. It's sad you've got to do things like that in order to be treated fairly. Just my .02 :doorag:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm still looking at the same thing too... sounds like he wanted to play "Ricky Racer" and smoked the clutch... You can just about feel it from the tone of the email.

Incidentally, I went and saw Talladega Nights last night... Was in the mood for Stupid Humor... If you are just looking for a movie to chill to and are in the mood for that type of humor, go see it..

G

·
if this moron was a "dragracer" he must be a real bad one & doesn't know the first ting about dragracing a street bike. I have launched my kaw meanstreak at 4200 rpms 2 nights a week for the last 334 miles since it was new all at the track & not once a clutch failure. just changed to amsoil thanks to the oil doc. looked at the clutches just fine & now what a huge noticeable difference in my bike!!! :hot: guys like this need to buy a bicycle.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'll agree with you Joe...  He THINKS he is a racer.

Sounds like the AMSOIL worked out for you... Glad to hear it...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just want to share my experience. The same thing happens to me with my M109 at 1,850 mille. (I do want to admit that I some times, I abused of the clutch.) I took my M109 to the dealer, They did some adjustments to the clutch and they charged me $80. In a week I was there with the same problem after 3000rpm the engine would made a lot a noise but the bike wouldn't go anywhere. I took the bike again to the shop; They told me were going to wait for an answer from Suzuki since the bike was on warranty. I wait two days for an answer. I knew that is a part that is not cover in the warranty. I just told them to fix it. They charge me $680.

My point is I have others bikes different brands and have done the same thing and that never happen to me in the past. My last bike was Kawasaki Mainstreams.2003 with 10,000. Miles. Still it never happens before; despite I did abuse of the clutch as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts