M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cheap way to buff the paint on the bike? Mine is black and needs some TLC. Not worried about hard work only the money!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
If you are talking about a high speed buffer, not an orbital, I would take it to someone that details for a living. I used to detail cars growing up and I have not taken one to mine as of yet. But you do not want to burn the paint anywhere. Just play around with different waxes. I like Meguiar's #3 (by hand) and then put a carnuba wax or I use NXT 2.0 on it sometimes.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I have had good luck with this. Just get a small 3" foam pad wheel for your cordless drill, and it goes pretty good. Buffs off real easy.
Like 8 bucks.

Then after I was done tuning the shine up I sealed and waxed with Meguirs tech wax, What a shine, looks wet......

Price: $15.99

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
But you have a blue bike. Black shows everything.
Thats why you use this when you are done removing oxidation and small scratchs/swirls......notice the color of the car on the box........His bike will look wet, Try it, you will be like it........

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Thats why you use this when you are done removing oxidation and small scratchs/swirls......notice the color of the car on the box........His bike will look wet, Try it, you will be like it........

I have been using NXT for years. I still have some of the original NXT. Last year I clay bared the bike and then a #3 then a carnuba and then NXT. It looks good. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts