M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about adding a second, athletic bike to my stable. Since Buell has been shuttered, the prices have become very attractive. The 1125r looks like it would be a fun bike, and I like what I've been reading about the helicon v-twin. The look of it is subjective with "saddle bag" air scoops hanging off the front of it. Anyone know more about the 1125r or have personal experience with them?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I'll be riding one tommorow at the Harley Test Ride day. I've ridden it 3 times already and seriously, compared to a GSX-R or R1 or something its garbage....

But thats just my personal opinion! If the price is right, why not?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be riding one tommorow at the Harley Test Ride day. I've ridden it 3 times already and seriously, compared to a GSX-R or R1 or something its garbage....

But thats just my personal opinion! If the price is right, why not?
Can you be a bit more descriptive than just saying its garbage?

Its a v-twin, so its not in the same league as the liter bikes. It did compete in AMA super bike though, but in the 600 class.

I'd like to get an r6, but insurance is too expensive. Progressive, who I'm currently with, wants $200/mo to insure an r6.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Can you be a bit more descriptive than just saying its garbage?

Its a v-twin, so its not in the same league as the liter bikes. It did compete in AMA super bike though, but in the 600 class.

I'd like to get an r6, but insurance is too expensive. Progressive, who I'm currently with, wants $200/mo to insure an r6.
lol.. well I can try. The bike is somewhat attractive but I didn't find it had any spirit, or soul. Yeah its a v-twin but nothing like an RC51 or even a TL1000 or something. It didnt feel like it had a very refined ride, it was kinda weak. The stock exhaust is barely visible or audible, and in the general scheme of things I'd only own one if as you said, was a really amazing price tag... I can take pics from tomorows ride if you want to see more of it

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 1125R is based off the XB line of bikes. Thats why the exhaust isnt very visible. Its designed to be tucked under the bike for reasons of improving its weight distributions and maintaining a better center of gravity.

I used to own an xb9sx and it wasnt a very refined bike, but I thought it was fun. I guess the best way to find out if I really like it is to test ride one. That could be difficult though with Buell being shut down.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I rode the 1125R and liked it... it has a very linear power band, decent manners...

I wouldnt classify it as garbage at all.

It's nothing compared to my B-king... but to expect it to be is not realistic.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
The 1125R is based off the XB line of bikes. Thats why the exhaust isnt very visible. Its designed to be tucked under the bike for reasons of improving its weight distributions and maintaining a better center of gravity.

I used to own an xb9sx and it wasnt a very refined bike, but I thought it was fun. I guess the best way to find out if I really like it is to test ride one. That could be difficult though with Buell being shut down.
Pharvey, are you sure it is based off the XB's? I didn't think they had anything in common other than some design features, such as the perimeter brakes. The engine and transmission are totally different.

Personally, I'd rather have an XB12. Not for any particular reason other than I like them. I have a good friend that has a 99 Cyclone M2 and a 2007 Ulysses and both are good bikes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pharvey, are you sure it is based off the XB's? I didn't think they had anything in common other than some design features, such as the perimeter brakes. The engine and transmission are totally different.
I'm pretty sure I was mistaken, the engine and trans are not the same, but the frame and brakes are similar if not the same as the XB's. Thats pretty much where the similarities end.

I've been thinking about an xb12, but that rotrax vtwin seems like a good engine. Its not just a slightly beefed up sportster engine like the XB's have.

·
Registered
325 Posts
try the cr too the naked version. I test rode one and found it to be fun bike. I believe it is geared lower so a bit more grunty on the street. Plus it can be had with handlebars so a bit more comfortable. Last year they were going for around $6k

·
Registered
378 Posts
I rode Steve_J's last year at 3DDIM and enjoyed it, but like Rich said, I wouldn't trade my B-King for it. It has an odd stance, because the forks don't have much rake to them, you can barely see the front wheel when riding it, it's peculiar to be sure, lol...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
i would suggest you go join buell site to get the true answers,,,,syre you will get mixed opionins there also.
i know the pricing out there is great right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts