M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever experience a push pull or Like Buck jerk sensation when in 2nd gear at 2200 RPMs I can hold it steady at That rpm and it will do it as long as you hold it at that rpm I have cobra dragsters and fi 2000r with stock air filters could it be fi 2000r settings what are the rpm ranges per each pot on the fi 2000r thanks for any help bro's

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Anyone ever experience a push pull or Like Buck jerk sensation when in 2nd gear at 2200 RPMs I can hold it steady at That rpm and it will do it as long as you hold it at that rpm I have cobra dragsters and fi 2000r with stock air filters could it be fi 2000r settings what are the rpm ranges per each pot on the fi 2000r thanks for any help bro's
The first pot should control mixture to about 3500 rpm cruising,the second is for accelerating throughout the entire rpm range like an accelerator pump and the third pot is for overall throughout the entire range, like a main jet. The factory default setting is 1-3-2 which should be ok for you considering your running stock filters. I would go with K&N's and maybe up the first pot to 2 or 2.5. Make sure when you make the adjustments you are holding the Cobra unit right side up or you will be WAY off....don't ask me how I know :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Jammer, What you are describing is a lean surge. Mine did it stock so the dealer put a PC-V on it for me and it is about 99% gone now. That is how the bike ran the day I drove it off the show room floor. My dealership did everything in their power to get rid of the surge. It really drove me crazy. I would ask someone who knows more about the fi2000r.
I was told that a lot of the bikes do it with all the pollution control stuff on it.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your not alone Jammer. Mine is stock with less than 2k and has been in the shop once already for it. Tech said he found a bunch of "air leaks" and tightened everything up. Ran and sounded better for a couple of days now it is starting to do it again. Real abrupt throttle response too in 1st - 3rd when slowing for a corner.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What you need is the TRE or a GIPRO this will take away the jerky feeling and give you full power in 1st through 4th this mod is a must do.It was the mod i did.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
Bump the first pot on your FI2000R up 1/2 number at a time until it runs smooth. Or bump it up 1 full number at a time until it smooths out, then take it back 1/2 number.

Mine runs smooth on 3 with an open exhaust and intake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW! first of all thanks fella's for the all the replies!
as far as the pot settings I set them at 1,3,2 when I first installed the FI2000R this cured the slight popping/sputter at constant 1800 rpm and then this surge/buck/jerk,Ive been playing with the pot settings tried 2,4,3 doesnt seem to get better I tried 2,5,4 and seemed to be a little better but I was lost as far as what rpm range and what each pot functioned as but now that I know I will try some more settings and check for air leaks,also I wanted to ask you guys if I just plug the air hose with a dowel in the hose right where it tee's to the pair valves would that be the same as blocking them off with plate's I will post the results after I play with the pots a little bit:pray: now that I understand the function of each one,good thing I bought a set of plugs:eek:.......BTW 2007 pearl white (The Fastes Color:D)4,600 miles on her and allways run 93 octane from sunnoco if this matters.

Thank You Guys Again!:bigthumbsup: and BE Safe Out There!

·
Registered
707 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
TC01, Same with mine. I had a split injector boot, stuff not tightened too. Once fixed, ran good for 2 - 3 days then back to the same crap. Once the shop put the PC-V in & made the map for me, has run great!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
You can block the PAIR hoses before the T with a wood dowel, marble, ball bearing, whatever fits in there snug. It's the same as adding the PAIR valve plates.

You might want to take your 2nd and 3rd pots back down to 3 and 2, since it's probably rich if you're running them higher than that. The first pot is the only one you need to worry about for your problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Zoom I did the dowel block off method with the pair valve hose at the tee now I will mess with the pots and try those settings and post the results if it cured it or not.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well guys I messed around with the FI2KR settings and it seems like the best settings I could come up with is 1.5,4,3 this seems the best but the condition is still there but not as bad I'M kinda stumped as to what else I could try but for the most part its a little more tolerable I also noticed that the tip of the exhaust pipe for the rear cylinder is a 50% more sooty than the tip of the pipe to the front cylinder shouldnt they be the same? could there be an intake air leak to the front cylinder causing it to be more lean?,if you guys have anymore ideas please shout'em out cause I'ma listenin,(should I just get a PCIII and 86 the FI2KR?:eek:) what are your thoughts on that fella's?.

Thanks again fella's,It's getting cold but for those of you who do ride safe!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
well guys I messed around with the FI2KR settings and it seems like the best settings I could come up with is 1.5,4,3 this seems the best but the condition is still there but not as bad I'M kinda stumped as to what else I could try but for the most part its a little more tolerable I also noticed that the tip of the exhaust pipe for the rear cylinder is a 50% more sooty than the tip of the pipe to the front cylinder shouldnt they be the same? could there be an intake air leak to the front cylinder causing it to be more lean?,if you guys have anymore ideas please shout'em out cause I'ma listenin,(should I just get a PCIII and 86 the FI2KR?:eek:) what are your thoughts on that fella's?.

Thanks again fella's,It's getting cold but for those of you who do ride safe!
As already suggested, get a TRE, that will take care of it. I bought mine from Track Day Electronics, straightened it right out:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As already suggested, get a TRE, that will take care of it. I bought mine from Track Day Electronics, straightened it right out:bigthumbsup:
Sent him a pm telling him 2 buy a TRE and this would take care of his jerky bucking stock bike feeling.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Sent him a pm telling him 2 buy a TRE and this would take care of his jerky bucking stock bike feeling.
Worked like a charm on mine!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
:agree: with Big-B I just got my TRE from the same guys just acouple of days ago from TrackDayElectronics.com in the forum they go by : (tbe0 and it took care of all of those problemS my 1st word on take ofF was WOW! u cant go wrong.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
:agree: with Big-B I just got my TRE from the same guys just acouple of days ago from TrackDayElectronics.com in the forum they go by : (tbe0 and it took care of all of those problemS my 1st word on take ofF was WOW! u cant go wrong.:bigthumbsup:
Agree! GE4 TRE from Trackday Electronics. Easy to install. Works like a charm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
A TRE will make it run smoother in the lower gears, but it won't fix your rich rear cylinder condition.

I would check the front pipe at the head and make sure it's not leaking.

Check the spark plugs and see if they are both firing on the rear cylinder. It's not uncommon for the center plug connector on the rear to not be plugged all the way on.

Check your intake boots to make sure they are fully on the air boxes and to the under tank air box. Also the boots from the under tank box to the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry guys the TRE thing went right passed me I will look into one of those it sounds like a good idea and I will let you guys know when I get one installed and the results thanks again fellas and as allways Ride Safe!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts