M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to tell from the pictures but just incase you thought the black 109 was just black it actualy has blue flakes in it. So if a bruise leaves a black and blue mark I guess you would call our bikes a "Bruiser" :evil:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, my last Boulevard was black, I bought it in Febuary. It was months before it was sunny enough to even see it had blue flakes in it! It was a very nice surprise though.  :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
It is a very subtle blue pearl. Coming from a painting background (my first career choice before I moved to graphic design) I can tell you it is hard to get it that subtle. Of course these are all painted by robots so its gotta be easy for them. In design we add blue ink to black to make it deeper, richer looking. May also be why Suzuki did it with our bikes.
I'm thinking about adding more to mine. Painted a buddy's guitar a few years back with a sapphire pearl over black and it turned out beautiful, especially with pale blue/medium blue flames floating on top. it still lokked black but where the light reflects, like the edges, it would be very blue :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Cruzin for a Brusin!

Awesome! I ve noticed those tiny flakes! Tha Black 109 has got them all, Silver rims, Blue Flakes and its BLACK no wonder why its faster than the other colors! its got a bit of everything!!!!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
My '93 Intruder 800 had the same color.But, I don't remember it scratching as easily as the 9's paint does. :dontknow: :'( I notice the reply before mine was 10-05-06,the day I picked up my 9. WHAT A DAY!! NUK,NUK,NUK!! :D :bigthumbsup: 8) :doorag:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The Silver on has metal flake in it as well. You have to wear sunglasses just to look at it on a sunny day.

It is the fastest color. :joke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts