M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work last night and after merging on to the freeway with extreme prejudice, I somehow lost the throttle stop on the hand grip. I could accelerate fine, but the grip would rotate forward as far as I wanted to. It was weird. Never have I snapped a throttle cable before. I looked online for a new set. Everyone was 2 to 4 weeks out. Suzuki had one back ordered. It was looking grim. I called JC over at Meancycles.com, and poof, I got some Motion Pro cable coming in the mail.

Has anyone else snapped a throttle cable?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
That's a first for me bro, never heard of or saw one snapped. You must have really been cranking on it. :p

It's odd that the throttle would rotate that much further than normal. You would think once it pulled the throttle plates fully open it would hit a stop in it somewhere. I'm assuming that was the "push" side that broke? One cable pulls the throttle open, the other pulls it closed. It's spring loaded so it would still close on its own, but the second cable is a good safety feature should the throttle try to stick open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts