M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well Add me to the club. I noticed a small exhaust leak so I went to tighten it down and snap. busted off right at the head. I should be able to get it out with vice grips, I hope my local dealer has these in stock. its supposed to be 70 all week here... DAMN ME!!!!:edit:

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
well Add me to the club. I noticed a small exhaust leak so I went to tighten it down and snap. busted off right at the head. I should be able to get it out with vice grips, I hope my local dealer has these in stock. its supposed to be 70 all week here... DAMN ME!!!!:edit:
Let us know if you dealer does not have it. And check with your local 9 owners that have changed out to different pipes. If I remember correctly, they come with new bolts so they should have the old ones.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
It is more then 16 lbs. I would have to look it up to tell you exactly what it is. Always tighten things up with a torque wrench on the bike.
Actually 16.5 ft/lbs is the torque value for the exhaust bolts. So, masochist was right there. Hey Ryan, get yourself a service manual, it's the only mod that keeps giving....:joke:

·
Radio Active Member
22,674 Posts
Actually 16.5 ft/lbs is the torque value for the exhaust bolts. So, masochist was right there. Hey Ryan, get yourself a service manual, it's the only mod that keeps giving....:joke:
Ray, he hasn't figured out what that multiquote button is for yet. Don't expect him to decipher a service manual. :joke:

J/k Ryan, you keep on going my friend. :D

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Ray, he hasn't figured out what that multiquote button is for yet. Don't expect him to decipher a service manual. :joke:

Now that's funny Mike. Multi quote = less post.:joke: Now we're getting on you Ryan.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
See now you are going to make me go out to my garage and get it. But if you guys say 16.5 then it is. I just thought it was more for those bolts.

:p :p :p :D :D

Now that's funny Mike. Multi quote = less post.:joke: Now we're getting on you Ryan.
And I even did 3. :p

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I would go to RonAyers or Bikebandit and order them right now if I was you.Ten bucks for four of them :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why wouldn't you just buy them from your local hardware store ? They are just a Metric Allen (Stainless)@ $1.00 each.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Why wouldn't you just buy them from your local hardware store ? They are just a Metric Allen (Stainless)@ $1.00 each.
:agree: and get 10mm longer ones as well as the holes are deeper than they appear ;)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Because I did and the threads were slightly different...just enough for me to say no way and wait for the oem bolts to show up in the mail.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats exactly what I did. I picked up 2 of them for 4.09. they are stainless steel so they should be good. threads were perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts