M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I tackled the task of installing my Stebel horn & engine guards.

Everything went well till I went to reassemble everything. As I was reinstalling the top screws on the radiator one broke. looks like it was partially broken from factory and I just finished it off. :edit:

Now what is the best way to get the broken part out ???
There is nothing sticking out the front to grab with a vise grip but their are a few threads sticking out the back side. Kinda hard to get back there.:-\

·
Registered
285 Posts
I dont have a fix but I am posting to keep the thread up top :) I am so sorry that happened, I hope its easy to get out.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
you might try gripping it from the back and try it that way.

or you might have to drill and tap. sorry those are your options......:-\

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It depends on how tight the threads are. If you can use a left handed drill bit, and its not too tight it will come right out. Or you could use an easy out, etc

·
Registered
337 Posts
It depends on how tight the threads are. If you can use a left handed drill bit, and its not too tight it will come right out. Or you could use an easy out, etc
:agree: I'm not sure how much room you have, but you could try locking some small vice grips on the back and thread it through if the easy out doesn't work.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
One trick to try is take a Drimel with a cutting wheel attachment and CAREFULY cut a X in the exposed portion ,and use a Phillips screwdriver

Probbly it would be safer to remove it from the back ???

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not much room back there.:'(

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
One trick to try is take a Drimel with a cutting wheel attachment and CAREFULY cut a X in the exposed portion ,and use a Phillips screwdriver

Probbly it would be safer to remove it from the back ???
i have done that before as well. but i think that this is a very tight spot...:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just bolted everything back together. ill let that project for the winter. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
pynikal is right , That will place all the Vibration on the Remaining attachment point ,could be expensive if you put it off too long,
decide carefuly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts