M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Was riding last Saturday, after about 30 miles my 109 just shut off.
Pulled over to the shoulder I was offered assistance by about 10 bikers of all rides, one even offered me his trailer he had at home to transport the bike back to the shop. Well I was more embarrassed than mad. I called the dealer on my cell phone, about a half hour later the mechanic showed up. before he got there I checked the fuses , the ignition fuse was blown. I replaced it with the 20 amp spare in the fuse box. The engine started but after about 3 seconds blew that one too. I have to say I am happy that they have a good wrench working at the dealership. He disassembled the kill switch and found a plastic spacer that supports the two wires had the hot wire shorted to the housing pinched between the spacer and the housing. I guess it took some time for it to short out, you could see the bare copper wire. He repositioned the wire and followed me back to the shop to do a permanent repair, in about 15 minutes I was on my way no problem since.
Had many good compliments on my 109 from all the bikes that stopped.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Mine can sense you need help and let it go to voice mail.... Then when you ask why they didnt call back they always have "had trouble with the system"

I think I have the worlds worst dealer

Sledzep

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a similar problem the day I picked up the bike, the plug wiggled lose and the bike wouldnt start. They fixed it right away. No problems since.

G

·
sledzep01 said:
Mine can sense you need help and let it go to voice mail.... Then when you ask why they didnt call back they always have "had trouble with the system"

I think I have the worlds worst dealer

Sledzep
I dont know,,,,I'd have to disagre and say mines the worst....I just got through fixing a coolant leak they suopposedly fixed...1! :verymad: My Dealer Sucks!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
When i brought my bike home from the dealer i noticed that my front brake switch was disconnected. Maybe they fogot it during assembly but could have ben dangerous due to no brake light when using front brake. Seems silly but everyone should check lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can guarantee you that no one from the dealership where I bought my 109 would have lifted a finger in this situation. Even if they were willing to come out and try and fix the problem, none of them would have any idea how. The kid who sold me the bike told me to plan on doing absolutely everything possible myself and if I absolutely had to have dealer service to go to the dealer in the next town south. This board helped me temendously in the run-up to my puchase a month ago. I knew to ask for the rear seat cowl (I had to show them a picture to explain what it was) and made sure the stealer hadn't stolen any of the wonderful tools from the kit. It must be nice to have a decent dealership supporting you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to give this thread props...I've been a lurker on this forum for quite a while, but last week my 109 started experiencing the exact same problems. After trying to find the short myself and failing, I do a quick search on this site and find this thread. I took apart my kill switch and had the exact problem you described, the plastic insulation was completely mashed away and bare wire touching the housing. Some electrical tape and rerouting the wire will get me to the dealer so they can do a permanent fix. Thanks for the info, I was seriously getting frustrated
Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts