M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post !!!

I stumbled across this forum by chance so thought I would join up.
I'm over in the UK and today did a deal to get my 109R,but over here it's known as the Intruder M1800R !!

My dealer has 1 of only 20 coming to the Uk this year and he did me a good trad-in deal on my Aprilia Tuono.

Hopefully I should be able to pick the bike up on Tuesday.

Just one question (so far)-what is the official Suzuki blurb in the Owner's Manual about running in ?

Is there a recommended max rpm before the 1st service ?

Ta

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I am also in the UK (Surrey), I have just completed about 500 miles and have the bike booked in for its first service next Friday. My dealer said keep it below 4500 for the first 5-600 miles. I haven't but I haven't been too silly either.

Bikerdad is also in the UK and is looking to get his bike soon

I think 20 in the Uk is a slight exageration - my VIN is 49 so I guess there must be at least 48 others

Hope to see you on the road :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was my dealer who said only 20 coming-lying git !!!

I'm over in Guernsey so you won't be seeing me !!

I head to France when i go 'off island ".

So are you generally pleased with the bike ?

This will be my first cruiser/custom

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
:welcome:

below 3500 for initial 800km
below 5500 up to 1600km
below 7500 over 1600km

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome and you're going to love the bike. I have a question. Where did you get a handgun, in the UK, to point at the kitten?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
just remember to vary the rpm now and then during break in, the actual rpm is not so important just don't scream it to redline. occasional hard launches or acceleration is actually good for seating in the rings. a service manual will be useful if you plan on your own servicing and according to my service manual the UK, Aussie land and the EU all have heated o2 sensors in both headpipes (1 each). this calls for slightly different service procedures and of course up grades or mods will need to be compatible. A lot of folks on this side of the pond thought the Cali version of the US model would have them but they only got the extra Evap crap so the Canadian, US models (all) don't have them. one of the first mods I did was the JSD-3M little plug and play that gives full timing advance in 1-3 gears and unrestricts the rpm limit in 5th gear from 6200rpm back up to 7200rpm. it makes a noticeable difference. Cheers on your new bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I know all about varying the revs during running in-I've had bikes for years-just not this kind,that's all.

Thanks anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts