M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed my first service. Did it all myself as usual with all my bikes. Used Suzuki 10W40 oil and 90 Weight Gear Oil. 3.8 Liters put me a smidge under the full line with bike upright after 15/3 check. Reused crush washers on drain plugs as I have done with every bike over the last 35 yrs. No leaks. The key is to make sure your plug threads are clean of any debris. No cross thread. Screw by hand all the way in and just "snug" the bolt. No need to muscle up on it at all. Oil filter was tight from factory but, factory filter cap wrench and flat ratchet wrench worked like a charm. Hand tighten filter and then snug with filter wrench, no leaks as per usual. The key is to make sure everything you screw in or on has clean threads and face and you will not have leaks.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
That's pretty much the same way I do mine. I still have the same crush washers that were installed 14 years ago. I use Shell Rotella T6 oil in it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
First hump, I'm almost at 6k miles for my second servicing. Good to see you didn't waste hundreds paying some random dealership to do it.

Now it's time to hear that rev-limiter, eh?

Reactions: M109RCM
1 - 3 of 3 Posts