M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the Big Bike Scene and I dont want to do somthin stupid. I don't mind asking stupid questions. But if you guys could give me some pointers I would appreciate it first 3 things Tires, Windshield and Saddlebags

Thanks
Stratrascal:doorag:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
First of all welcome to the site
.............................................:welcome:
great place for advice and help
and when you are bored you will get good mod ideas.
first advice I can give you is when you work on your
bike and you have to raise the tank for any reason
make sure you don't stretch the wiring too much under the tank
you can pop out one wire just enough to get stranded
some day out in no man's land , you bike will decide
so have an eye at the brown plug-in whenever lifting gaz tank.

G

·
I'm new here as well. I have the tall,tinted shield on my 9. It really knocks the wind down when cruising at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome fellow Gander!

Saddlebags and windshield really depend on what you are looking to get out of them and how much you are wanting to spend.

For some reading material on what to do and how to do it: Read Me

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the Big Bike Scene and I dont want to do somthin stupid. I don't mind asking stupid questions. But if you guys could give me some pointers I would appreciate it first 3 things Tires, Windshield and Saddlebags

Thanks
:congrats: & :welcome:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

Thanks
:welcome: Before you get blasted, try the search function. It is your friend.

As for tires, windshield and bags, here's what I think.

Tires- Metzeler 160/60-18 up front, mounted backwards
Metzeler 260/40-18 in rear.

Windshield- I run a Rifle Solo Shield w/ lower shields (www.rifle.com)

Bags- I would prefer Corbin bags, but My wallet won't let me. I run Mutazu MU series bags (www.mutazu.com)

-Josh

·
Registered
497 Posts
i'm a noob also and let me tell you this site is great just packed with info so sit back relaxe and just surf

·
Registered
152 Posts
:welcome::congrats:eek:n the new bike. you will find all sorts of ideas and crazy stuff on here. great fun to look at for hours and hours...( not to mention...tons of money when you find something you like) i find stuff all the time. lol

enjoy the ride and ride safe

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

Thanks
I'm new here as well. I have the tall,tinted shield on my 9. It really knocks the wind down when cruising at highway speeds.
:welcome:Guy's and :congrats: on your 9's

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
there are so many diferant options for tires and bags and wind shields I have leather pro bags i run with a small Suzuki sport windshield which works great for me but if you are taller you might have some wind buffering problems with it and tires I run with Metz 880 serious i run a 170mm up front with a 280mm rear Metz and dunies seem to be the more popular brands

and buy the way :welcome: to the 9 family and :congrats: just take your time and get to know your 9, and shop around don`t need to just jump into the first mod you see there my be something out there you would like better!!! this fourm is FULL of great ideas and how tos just start surfing through here:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Man you have opened up a big can! There is soooo many choices....just listen to the guys who have been in here forever, they may spend alot of time on the computer but they also know the 9.

Oh, and :welcome:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
:welcome:to all 3 of you! let the mods begin! this is the best place for info on our bikes. just cruise around and use the search(yes it sucks)-but being new the useless info that comes up just might be useful to you :joke:.
:nojoke: the guys here are very willing to help in any way they can. hink and rynosback have some threads worth looking at before the questions start flying. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

Check out the Bang for the Bucks Mod link in my signature.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts

Thanks
:welcome: & :congrats: to both of you. :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome. This is my favorite site. I learn something new just about every time I log on. I have also saved money with some of the Do-it-yourself posts. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts