M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got her today. After some go around with the wife, was able to purchase the 9 yesterday and pick it up today after building it out of the crate. I came from a Yamaha VSTAR Classic 650. Let me tell you how surprised i was at what a beast this machine is. i was cruising at 50 today thinking i was only doing 25 b/c the way the bike was handling. can't wait till it is broken in to really hammer on her. :D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
:welcome: and BIG :congrats: I just got mine last week myself and have enjoyed the two times we have been together on the road:p. 27 Miles so far on the clock and must admit that I cannot wait until the break-in period is over, but at this rate, who knows when that would be???

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
the break in period is not really for the bike; its more for the owner to build up enough muscle to hold on during times of mass acceleration.:evil:

congrats on the bike and keep the rubber side down!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
:congrats: & :welcome: lets see that o so fine 109:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as stated above it is stock currently. first thing i did today was take off the stickers onthe tank telling me what gas to put in it. then i took off the reflectors. it is standard black. but down here in the florida sunlight you can really see the blue flakes in the paint which rules. and yes my hands actually do hurt after 70 miles today. on to tach relocation next.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone. 70 miles in and my hands do hurt. it is standard config right now. in the FL sunlight you can see the blue flecks in the paint which is nice. i will be modding her here shortly. i have read plenty on this board on simple and quick mods to get me started. first up is tach relocation if i can ever figure out how to get to it with my tools without having to take the handle bars off.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: you will love it. Enjoy the 9:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts