M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the hog 07 dynas and sutff have only hit the streets, and mates of mine here in oz are still waiting some of them to land ( so I can cane thier azz on my 109....hehe) but PC have heaps of new maps on thier site for em.
http://www.powercommander.com/motonew.shtml

Yet they have only a stock, and a zero map for the 109.
What gives?
I know Lamonster and JR have kndly made available thier maps which is seroiusly appreciated guys, :bigthumbsup:but PC make lots of coin from us buying the pciii so what about some maps with alternate setups and pipe combos etc so we have a starting point to work from.
I have pipes, ( might change em soon) no big-air (yet) a jsd3m and thats about it for perf. But its evolving and when I'm done its dyno time, but not every week as I change things. Thats what some of the versatility of the pcIII is supposed to be for.
Get with it PC, hogs have em b4 they even have the bikes. :evil:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
itsthatfast said:
Do a search on this site for maps.
As noted in my post, I know about the lamonster pipes n air map, and JR's stock upgrade and their great, but they dont cover all bases.
Lamosters is for pipes, and air. Air makes a BIG diff to the AF ratio so a new map is called.
Ideally a dyno would be needed, but as I said, its a bike in evolution for probly next 7 months, then I'll dyno.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
the dyna motor has been out over a year. last year the standard dyna motor was the 88" but they had the 96" as the upgrade or screaming eagle so they have had a while longer to play with it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toneout said:
My JR map kicks a$$. I don't need another.
whatv you done to the bke? pipes n air or jus pipes? Stock plugs or 9 or 10's ?
So much affects the maps like engine mods, altitude, air density temp etc, but close can ok most of the time I guess.

Glad its works good 4 you. JR did good eh?

·
Registered
422 Posts
steve j said:
the dyna motor has been out over a year. last year the standard dyna motor was the 88" but they had the 96" as the upgrade or screaming eagle so they have had a while longer to play with it. :bigthumbsup:
And the 96 in a night train is still slower than a 109 :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aussie109 said:
And the 96 in a night train is still slower than a 109 :D
huh, yea. Hogs stuggle. A mate has just ponied up 33k for a softtail duece. I cane him so bad it hurts. Another is waiting for his 07 dyna custom. When it turns up I'm going to eat that that one too. All 27k of it. Mmmmm, tastes like chicken .... :joke:

And pizzmor is right. Maps are scarce as hell and a map section that works is difinatly warented, but the risk is that some peanuts will leave modified maps that are designed to wrecjk an engine on the site just for shi#s and giggles. The world is full of nutjobs, so I can see the problem for sure. There has been some legal sh$t siad on this forum already, and the guys who know whats what like JR just dont need all the BS that goes with a nutjob on crusdade saying he will sue yada yada if he uses a map and toasts his engine. So JR and the rest just back of and say "tough sh$t, no maps. Cant blame them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, from what I have seen behind the scenes is that the whole thing with JR and the other guy threatening a law suit is personal from a professional standpoint and a little feud that is going on. I understand what you are saying about getting sued, but the same could be said for any mod shown on this sight. As long as the user agrees to a legal disclaimer before using the mod or map, it should not be a problem. Dynojet shure is not helping either to be sure. There must be a good solution. :read:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure it could be done pizzmor, for sure. the web is full of stuff that has potential harm if used incorrectly or modifed or whatever, and a simple page with a popup that must be clicked as OK prior to entering the site that has the maps would be sufficient. My lawyer mate says so anyway.
I'msure their are heaps of web savvy techies on this froum that could code an adequate page popup, and several guys who can wirte the discalimer.( or copy one from the net) ..voila, a decent map site we can use at our own risk. :doorag:
Obviously I'm not the coder, as you can see I can barely spell... 8)

Anyway, its another example of one or two pissant nutjobs wrecking it for the rest of us. :evil:
JR, Lamoster and several other obviously telented wrenches,. you guys have my thanks , respect and sympathy. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
wasabi

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks JR. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
I hear ya mate, and understand. You do more than I ever would so kudos to you mate. I deal with flakes all day long and cant stand all the BS that a single post gets, so I just dont do it often. :confused:
I mean , no sh#t, I'm the building manager for a company over here, and I have 600 homes I'm responsable for. We have a boom going on and as a result cant build on time or budget. Clients all over town wanna kill me, resuscitate me, then kill me some more. I even had a guy the other day say he was gunna take my job then kill me, then the very next day he rang and said he was gunna kill me first and then take my job. I said he best make up his mind what he wants to do first....kill me or take over, take over or kill me as the correct staging of a plan is as important as the plan itself hehe..... He was just another nutjob ya know who thinks hes right and evryone else is wrong. A corona beer or two and a long ride and alls sweet again. Besides, I dont roll over easy :bigthumbsup:

Anyway, enough dribble. I just got my camera that was on order, so I will pm ya some pics of a mod I'm gunna try. Be patient though. Things move slowly in my yard. I have cob slashdowns, but dont like the way they come out flat and low like a bagger exhaust. I'm going to take em to a bender and kink trhem up just whre the header pipes join the muffler section so that they pull up diagonal across the swingarm and kinda stop inbetween the rear indicators and swingarm. I'll cover tthe swingard and make the bike look hot at the same time. I figure I can also bend the heatshields without screwing up by putting in a dummy pipe into the shield thats a tight fit and then bending the two together. Hope Idont fugg it up cause pipes are scarce over here.
Catchya soon matey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts