M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking for some advice from the seasoned mechanics out there. It seems that my brake calipers/pads are constantly rubbing the front rotors.
Are the calipers sticking or maybe a warped rotor because at times it has a skipping sound to it when it rubs. Does any one have any suggestions to correct this? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
918 Posts
It is not uncommon for a ching ching sound to come from the brakes if you put just a little bit of force on the lever it should stop, but if the caliper's are getting hot(after a short ride without using the brakes) then yes I would say they are sticking.

·
Registered
711 Posts
As far as I know it is normal for disc brake pads to rub on the rotors.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything in the braking system is stock. I have squeezed on the brakes thinking a little pressure may loosen them up if they were stuck but that did nothing. I just dont like to here that rubbing sound every time I am rolling to a stop or pulling out. I had some friends looking at my bike and they love it but they all asked me "what is wrong with the brakes". I hate telling them " I don't know". well thanks for the help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My bike does the same thing! it rubs loudly! even just pushing the bike it rubs, mine is all stock aswell. Please someone know this, i was thinking of changing my brakes but know i dont need to yet.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My front pads are rubbing as I just installed brand new pads. Normal for them to rub and make a little noise at first til everything gets seated again. JMO.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My front pads are rubbing as I just installed brand new pads. Normal for them to rub and make a little noise at first til everything gets seated again. JMO.
mine also does it, and these are with 10k miles on the pads so i know they are worn in... It also has the "ching ching" sound as though the brake disks are hitting unevenly on the pads.... its been doing that since it was new and never stopped so i just kindof started trying to ignore it

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
mine also does it, and these are with 10k miles on the pads so i know they are worn in... It also has the "ching ching" sound as though the brake disks are hitting unevenly on the pads.... its been doing that since it was new and never stopped so i just kindof started trying to ignore it
Mine was doing that, if you just barely touched the brake, it would stop. Not sure if it's still doing it though, haven't heard it for a couple weeks now. Maybe I got lucky.:dontknow:

·
Registered
260 Posts
crud, brake dust and road grime build up on the pistons of the calipers , remember there is nothing pushing them back , so spray some brake cleaner on the caliper, and spray it of with water take it for a ride so it can dry out , I found that this has helped , but a little bit of brake pad to caliper noise is normal....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the imput guys. I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem or should I say I wish none of us had this but, it is always better to be in a group then alone. I will deffinatly try the brake cleaner and water tomorrow when I wash it. thank you to all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts