M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Goodridge braided brakeline kits from Direct Line (thanks for the speedy delivery!). Wondering if there is any interest in a how-to for the “How to, step by step” board before I do the installation. Looks like the front should take 30 minutes, rear at least 1-2 hours. Quadruple that to clean hands, take photo, clean hands, take photo, clean hands, take photo…

·
Registered
256 Posts
seapup said:
Just received my Goodridge braided brakeline kits from Direct Line (thanks for the speedy delivery!). Wondering if there is any interest in a how-to for the “How to, step by step” board before I do the installation. Looks like the front should take 30 minutes, rear at least 1-2 hours. Quadruple that to clean hands, take photo, clean hands, take photo, clean hands, take photo…
...and drink a few beers too  :joke:

i'd say yeah sure...anything like that just adds to the quality of this site, i think  :bigthumbsup:

tc

·
Registered
387 Posts
As I may do this mod in the future I am interested. There must be some special things that need to be done. IE. coating, torque specs, measuring etc... JOHN

G

·
Yes please. I have considered this mod and was wondering if it was within my abilities. The how-to would be invaluable.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, 3 ayes are good enough for me. I'll tackle the job later this weekend and see if the shift linkage is reversible tonight (more on this later).

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I swapped the front lines out and took a bunch of photos. Went for a nice test ride... awesome difference! No more squishy lever. I set the adjuster down from 5 to 3 since less lever travel is required. Easy two finger braking now. Will post a how-to tomorrow or Sunday depending on how much riding I get in...

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
There are just four steps.
1) R&R the lines (remove and replace)
2) Have a beer
3) Bleed the crap out of it so there is no air in the lines.
don't forget to use the correct DOT brake fluid.
4) Have another beer.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There were no instructions whatsoever with my new lines. This mod converts a 3-line system with a distribution block to the preferred 2-line system. The two lines are different in length and the ends are dissimilar from each other and OEM. For those who have never done this before, it would be impossible without detailed instructions and photos. Heck, some people here have probably never bled brakes before. When I first started wrenching, something as seemingly simple as this was intimidating until I watched someone else. This is a fairly easy mod, but nothing wrong with helping out those who may need a little more help than the experienced among us. Sure beats paying labor to the stealer. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Amen to that -Bro! You are a fine fellow biker. :super: :doorag:

Myself and many others will be standing by waiting to see your progress.
Thanks for your contribution. :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
seapup said:
There were no instructions whatsoever with my new lines. This mod converts a 3-line system with a distribution block to the preferred 2-line system. The two lines are different in length and the ends are dissimilar from each other and OEM.  For those who have never done this before, it would be impossible without detailed instructions and photos.  Heck, some people here have probably never bled brakes before. When I first started wrenching, something as seemingly simple as this was intimidating until I watched someone else. This is a fairly easy mod, but nothing wrong with helping out those who may need a little more help than the experienced among us. Sure beats paying labor to the stealer. :bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know I could use all the help I can get. Even if they are just reminders. No matter how many times I've done something it seems more times than not, I forget a step and end up turning a half project into an all day project.

Thanks,
JrF

1 - 15 of 15 Posts