M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Brakeaway Cruise Control. (waiting for delivery) Did a search on it (52 threads) From what I have read. If you have aftermarket levers, this thing is going to be a PITA to fine tune.
Of the 52 threads there was only one how to. That was for some other kind of cruise control. Has anyone thought about doing this with detailed pics? My buddy is going to install it for me (I hope) I'll ask him of he could do a how with detailed pics.

All in all with the guys/gals that have installed this with aftermarket lever with a dificult level of 1-10 and a frustration level of the same. How would you rate it?

I've read that this thing works great. Going to be riding down to Daytona in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing how this baby works.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Just make sure to check the clearance on the top of the tank! :eek:

You will most likely have to turn the bars up a little :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I have 3 bikes w/ them on there. IMO it rates about a 3. Very simple to do.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just take your time and have patience

on my brake I adjusted the release cam in between the cut out in the lever
I've got the same levers. I did read some guys doing the same thing.
I think my buddy's patience wore thin intalling my rear wheel. :joke:

Thanks for that little extra info freestyle

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just take your time and have patience

on my brake I adjusted the release cam in between the cut out in the lever
I have the slotted leavers and I too mounted them with the cam making contact inside the slot and it works perfectly for the last two years. I did also use the small spacer provided which raises the cam up slightly. I had the whole thing installed in about an hour and I only curses a few times.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm not much of a diy'er when it comes to the bike, however this is one project I was able to complete by myself. After the first attempt at installation not working out (functionality was lost over time) I was able to partially disassemble everything and get it working properly in the long run. It's a great addition to the 109 and Brakeaway customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I did it so it is easy to do. I have Iso grips & it was no problem at all.

Yes Nukeblade is correct. The bottom of the breakaway can hit your tank & poss. dent or ruin your paint. I had to just loosen up my brake fluid resovore & Mirror bolt & rotate it up a 8th of an inch to let it clear my tank.
Good Luck.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts