M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how I move this thing it's in my way and makes me uncomfortable. Aside from cutting it, what have some of you guys done to make it more comfortable?

If I cut it I have to rechrome it and I don't want to take the time.

I have a size 14 foot and there just isn't room to lift up the pedal and get my foot under it.

Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have had a similar problem. I adjusted the pedal down far enough so my foot now sits above the pedal. It took some getting used to because breaking seems a little weird at first due to the lower pedal. Also don't forget to adjust your break light switch.

Redman

·
Registered
600 Posts
I rotated mine down (toward the front of the bike) and I can hook my heel on the peg with the pedal just under my toe. It took a couple of days to get used to pivoting my ankle so far to apply the brake but I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This morning I rotated it as far down as it will go. It now hits my control mount when I push down on it but I tightened the cylinder resistance so it seems okay. My foot still rests on it if I am not vigilant.

Stupid lever though.

G

·
Train, an extension might not be bad. You could paint it black until you got the right setting then have it chromed, or leave it black. Might look good that way.

Reed

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will probably wait on forwards and if they don't fix it I have a buddy in Sandy that can fabricate it for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am having the same problem with size 13 foot. My foot rest upright and I have to apply pressure to keep my foot on at speeds.....on the highway my foot wants to fly off! I could you some sort of extension also.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it off and moved it all the way down. It's a little out of character for such a big bike.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wish they had extended it out further a few inches, as it is TOO CLOSE to that foot peg... I wear a size 16 shoe and am only able to keep the toes of my boot on the peg, and that won't be safe when I get up to highway speeds...

Trouble, if I were to rotate it down like you did, could I have the balls of my feet resting on the pegs instead of just the toes? That would make it a lot more stable and safe for me...

I am sure they could easily make a longer brake pedal then that one :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can rest the ball of your foot. I am able to rest my arch and my feet are just 2 sizes down from yours little fellow. :joke:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, I ride with the heal of the sole of my shoe on the exhaust heat shield (13 foot) and the ball of my foot on the peg. It is COMFY!!!Foot is in a good position to come forward, and that heat shield is nto hot enough to melt the sole. (SO FAR!!!! But this is AZ and I almost roasted my marbles on the tank the other day)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
J R said:
I just hook my toes under it :bigthumbsup: Besides everyone knows brakes are for kittys :evil:
Tried that little foot. My man sized feet won't fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts