M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone modded their foot brake pedal yet ?. I was thinking about cutting off the last 1/3 of the pedal from the turned/knurled area out. This would give me a far better resting foot placement. I rarely use the back brake and don't see any impact on shortening it a tad.

Post a picture if you did mod it.

Wacky

G

·
If the problem is that the angle is too high for comfort you can lower the angle by moving it down a notch on the splines. I, as well as many other members, have done this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I moved it a couple of splines so my foot would sit flatter on the peg without engaging the brakes. I wouldn't go hacking into your pedal unless you were going to replace it anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try this guy's. I was just a bit concerned that if I needed to nail the rear brake I would have a problem with the distance traveled forward before it engaged, but your idea sounds great too.

Wacky :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
there was another thread about this. in that thread someone did say they cut off the end of the brake pedal. not sure if that's the best solution. i just rotated mine down 1 notch and it did the trick.

·
Registered
908 Posts
phaed said:
there was another thread about this. in that thread someone did say they cut off the end of the brake pedal. not sure if that's the best solution. i just rotated mine down 1 notch and it did the trick.
Ditto :D

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
actually there was a posting on this a long while back and yes for some that last part from the rh side to the first ring or groove is too much. my foot was always getting hooked under neath the pedal. once the end was cut it has been perfect. Some others have felt the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts