M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any sugestions on front and rear brake pads im looking to get rid of the squeeking atleast some of it and also something that wont create so much brake dust if so where should i order them from Thanks...Jay

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brake Pads

I second that request.

ANy help form the forum would be appreciated.:agree:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I bought the EBC sintered pads, they make less dust than stock and are supposed to last longer. The pads on my 9 have lasted for 6,000+ miles and still look to have over half of their thickness from when new.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks JD !!!!

Jay, try this link and see if it helps

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130800

Although I can't tell you how to remove the pads. It's problably in the "how to" section.

good luck.
Removing the pads is a breeze, and only takes about 10 minutes per side. There are only 2 bolts holding each caliper to the forks. The rear is just as easy, just get into the service manual that is in the FAQ's thread.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I bought the EBC sintered pads, they make less dust than stock and are supposed to last longer. The pads on my 9 have lasted for 6,000+ miles and still look to have over half of their thickness from when new.
:agree: EBC Double-H sintered. :bigthumbsup:

Any sugestions on front and rear brake pads im looking to get rid of the squeeking atleast some of it and also something that wont create so much brake dust if so where should i order them from Thanks...Jay
Don't you live in my neighborhood? :dontknow: Get the pads and give me a shout in a few weeks bro. BTW... check your rotors to see if they're scored...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No but the problem im having is like a couple others on the board i reinstalled the rotors in the front and now the front brakes are squeeking almost like brake sensors on a car but when i pull in the front brake lever a alittle the noise seems to go away and my factory brake pads are still good it just dont make any sence if someone has a solution please PM me because i won't even ride the bike because people keep looking at me because its so loud Thanks...Jay

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
No but the problem im having is like a couple others on the board i reinstalled the rotors in the front and now the front brakes are squeeking almost like brake sensors on a car but when i pull in the front brake lever a alittle the noise seems to go away and my factory brake pads are still good it just dont make any sence if someone has a solution please PM me because i won't even ride the bike because people keep looking at me because its so loud Thanks...Jay
So you're saying that you don't really need new pads? Just trying to get rid of the squealing? :dontknow: Before I suggest how to re-bed your pads to your rotors...

Why did you need to reinstall the rotors? Did you do something to them like polish, paint, chrome them?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Brake Pads

How many miles do you guys have on your 9 before you changed the pads? I have 17,000 and I still have 1/2 my pads left. I take alot of long rides but I don't baby my 9 by any means.:dontknow:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
How many miles do you guys have on your 9 before you changed the pads? I have 17,000 and I still have 1/2 my pads left. I take alot of long rides but I don't baby my 9 by any means.:dontknow:
Pad life depends more on percentage of front/back braking and type of riding. I only use the rear brake when the roads are wet and I ride mostly twisties so I get only 5-8K out of a set of front pads. That said, I've never had to change rear pads on any bike. If you do 50/50 front/back braking and/or do a lot of highway miles 20-25K sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I just changed out the rears at 17,300 and after removing them, I see I had about another safe 2-3k left on them. The fronts are still usable.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I've already gone back to the stock rear brakes. Cheaper and don't sound like a train when i lie on the brakes like the HH. And when my brakes get down I check them now and then. You can get much more out of the pads if you keep a eye on them. I see no difference from the stock brakes to the HH. Just the HH make lots of noise. And you still get dust off the HH.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I just replaced my stock pads (11,000 miles) with the Galfer pads. Now that they are broken in and seated they are great! No noise and about 90% less dust than the stock pads, it's very minimal. Much improved over stock for sure....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts