M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just over 28K on my 07 and thought I should get around replacing the stock break pads. I had checked them by pulling the calipers at ~22K and still had plenty of pad left. When I pulled them yesterday they still had at least 2 to 3K left on them. I don't run the "H" out of the bike, but I don't baby it either.

Question: How many miles did you get out of your stock break pads and what did you replace them with. [Anticipating the need to change them I bought EBC Double-H set from the local stealer].

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got about 8,000 miles out of the rear BRAKE pads . The front BRAKE pads still have alot of life left , as I use the rear BRAKE'S more than the front BRAKE'S .

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Can't remember when, been a long time ago. I do like the HH brakes. I put them throw the test the other day and i like the way they worked.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:edit: I hv 6000 on my bike, and it looks like I need new front pads....WTF. I'll have it checked when I take it for inspection. What kind of pads should I get? Do they have any that don't cause brake dust?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have just over 28K on my 07 and thought I should get around replacing the stock break pads. I had checked them by pulling the calipers at ~22K and still had plenty of pad left. When I pulled them yesterday they still had at least 2 to 3K left on them. I don't run the "H" out of the bike, but I don't baby it either.

Question: How many miles did you get out of your stock break pads and what did you replace them with. [Anticipating the need to change them I bought EBC Double-H set from the local stealer].
I have the same milage as you and I have replaced them twice. I must ride the brakes or got defective pads. I know I did the first set I bought.

Doc

·
Radio Active Member
27,707 Posts
:edit: I hv 6000 on my bike, and it looks like I need new front pads....WTF. I'll have it checked when I take it for inspection. What kind of pads should I get? Do they have any that don't cause brake dust?
I have the same milage as you and I have replaced them twice. I must ride the brakes or got defective pads. I know I did the first set I bought.

Doc
Sounds like you need to use your throttle a little more. :evil: Do you guys down shift or just pull in the clutch and brake it to a stop?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
"more throttle...less brake" Doc :D I have about 16k and will need rears soon,but my fronts look like they will go 25-30k I also have a full set of EBC HH sitting in the console of my Ridgeline waiting for me. I'm a little harder on the rear's then I should be too.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Had the dealer change my tires, grease the drive shaft and change the brake pads last week. 22200 miles on her. The fronts really grab now! Had to get used to them. It made a BIG difference! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think I have only touched my rear brake about 3-4 times when cagers have cut me off and needed all I had to stop. Ok maybe a few more times when the road was wet but other then that I never use the break. Down shift and use the fronts.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Had the dealer change my tires, grease the drive shaft and change the brake pads last week. 22200 miles on her. The fronts really grab now! Had to get used to them. It made a BIG difference! :bigthumbsup:
I'm at 21,000+ and I'll be right around, where you ended up keitho! Maybe a little further but not much. It will be, this season for sure:eek: Did you change them out yourself, or did the dealer do it? And if the dealer did, what did they charge you for that job:dontknow: Just to get and idea.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I'm at 21,000+ and I'll be right around, where you ended up keitho! Maybe a little further but not much. It will be, this season for sure:eek: Did you change them out yourself, or did the dealer do it? And if the dealer did, what did they charge you for that job:dontknow: Just to get and idea.
Do it yourself ...its a simple job,just observe the normal brake replacement cautions and procedures. You can do them all in less then two hours...taking your time and drinking a beer. If your a flat rate mechanic it's probably a 45 minute job for all three.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Dealer charged $109 for front and rear pads and $108 labor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.