M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. I have a 2008 M109R. I'm in the process of installing the sumo X rear fender kit on it. On my last M109R I bought one from kuryakyn and it was plug and play. But they don't offer one anymore. Any suggestions on what is the best one to get? I'm going to have the brake light /turn signals mounted on the struts and want them to be both the brake lights and the turn signals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Do you have a plan for tail light as well....or are you overlooking that 3rd needed feature? :)
What you are looking to do above is totally doable, but also adding in the third feature (tail light) using only dual element fixtures would be much more complicated to do it right.
If you look around though if is possible someone has already crossed this bridge and is producing something off the shelf that does this.
There are low profile fixtures for under the fender that do all three functions, but I personally have not seen this feature in a small turn signal mounted on each side of the bike.
Its certainly doable, you just need have the right LED pattern (configuration) in the fixture and logic circuitry to match the application needed.
But this is a little more advanced than most average do-it-yourselfer would be able to construct.

Look around and let us know exactly what fixtures you would like to use and we can give you some input as to if or how you can make them work.

BCS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts