M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone could help me I would appreciate it. Somewhere I saw a bracket kit to relocate rear caliper to the bottom side of swingarm, I am wanting to do this but now I cant find it. Can someone help, it came with bracket and longer brake line. thks

G

·
:welcome: to the forum! :agree: that's were I bought mine, make sure you can blow threw the new Line, mine was messed up an had to send it back. Also route the line how you like it then take the cali. off to bleed it. It has to be up right ( bleeder up) jus put something the thickness of the rotor between the pads like a wrench handle while your bleeding then reinstall. Good luck an holler if I can help I live near by.

·
Registered
319 Posts
does this work with the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
319 Posts
thanks I wasn't sure if the bracket would hit the exhaust bracket

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
There have been a few members that have reported that there rear caliper has come in contact with the stock exhaust support when using the down under kit.. I think thats what he meant by his question... I little modding to the exhaust bracket fixed the issue though.. nothing to worry about...
You're right, Scott. I have the bracket and stock exhaust and the brake WILL hit the bracket unless you do some modding of it....nothing a chop saw and dremel can't tackle though :D.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Does anyone know if this this bracket be purchased in black powder coat or black anodize?

·
Registered
738 Posts
You're a hard person to get a hold of... Been emailing you. Did you change your email address?:dontknow:
No, but my email has been on the fritz for a couple of weeks now. Its been frustrating! For some reason Verizon, Gmail, Google and Yahoo don't appear to like each other anymore!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I switched my rear brake line over to stainless steel already(stock length). Is the line that comes with the kit shorter than stock because you are moving the caliper closer to the front. I just don't wanna change my line if I don't have to?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I bought the Down under Caliper bracket, and I already have the steel braided line that came with my Raw Design Forward Controls. I just used the existing steel brake line. I had to loosen the banjo bolt a tad to reposition the line, but didn't have to rebleed the system.

-Josh

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bought the Down under Caliper bracket, and I already have the steel braided line that came with my Raw Design Forward Controls. I just used the existing steel brake line. I had to loosen the banjo bolt a tad to reposition the line, but didn't have to rebleed the system.

-Josh
Thanks this helps out alot!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Can anyone tell me if you can buy this bracket anodized or powder coated black? I don't want any more chrome on the business end of my 9... but I'd like to relocate the caliper to expose my new wheels.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Can anyone tell me if you can buy this bracket anodized or powder coated black? I don't want any more chrome on the business end of my 9... but I'd like to relocate the caliper to expose my new wheels.
they come in chrome only thru DLP .... not sure if another company sells them or not... I will look around and see what I can find..... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts