M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is James and I've been lurking in a dark corner trying to read up on previous post. I purchased a new "Burple" M109R (of course) on 6/14. The first day I put 120 miles on it and broke it in according to what I've read here. Just had it's first oil change yesterday at 722 miles! Then we took it over to the dyno for it's maiden pull. The dealer had never dyno'ed one before, so I was the bechmark to follow. The only mod done was the JSD-3M, with the filters on. Here's the results: 108.5 rwhp/98.36 tq. From what I've read so far, that's a little above avg. They say if I were to have a 160 tire instead of the 245, it would have read about 120hp. I do love the bike!! I was considering a Honda ST1300 and a Yamaha FJ1300 until I saw and read about the M109R in my son's AMA magazine. I was hooked!! I haven't had a street bike in about 10 years, my previous one being a 92 Suzuki Katana 600, which I put about 24,000 miles on. I loved that bike. I recently got back into riding with a 98 Yamaha WR400F dirt bike, riding with my oldest son. I traded for a day my dirtbike with a friends VTX 1300, and was surprised as to how well I liked it. Now I have my own, and I'm loving every time I ride it! So I just wanted to say hi and intruduce myself, seems like there are a great bunch of people here with lots of knowledge, experience, and technical know-how.
James

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J R said:
Hey James good to have ya and welcome to the board man.Ya picked a great bike :bigthumbsup: Nice ta meet ya :bigthumbsup:
I've gotta know, how did you pull off that beautiful wheelie in your sig???? :yikes: :clap2: :2cool:

·
Registered
898 Posts
BULLYvard said:
I've gotta know, how did you pull off that beautiful wheelie in your sig???? :yikes: :clap2: :2cool:
oh oh i can see JR's head swelling :joke: heh all he has to do is pull hard on the bars and it pops up :joke:

:pop: :welcome:

khrome

·
Registered
572 Posts
khrome13 said:
oh oh i can see JR's head swelling :joke: heh all he has to do is pull hard on the bars and it pops up :joke:

:pop: :welcome:

khrome
JR has a special button he pushes, to make it do that ;)

It's called the engine start button... once started... the rest is history... stand back!!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the WR400, all I do is dip the throttle in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and it comes right up. I don't think that works too well with a 700lbs bike, or does it?? Or do you pop the clutch?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Glad to have you aboard James. You'll find the board an asset on upgrade ideas, both performance, and style. I look forward to seeing your bike, and the changes we all inevitably make on them.
Jer

·
Registered
76 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BlkM109r said:
uh....he posted this in June. He's been here awhile now
Whew! I was thinking... he bought it on June 14, and put 120 miles on it, and just posted this 5 months later saying he has only 722 miles on it! I was like, man that guy hasn't done much riding in 5 months. I didn't take the time to read the date of the OP.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
whew, confirmation that somebody read my post!. thought maybe it was invisible or something since 2 more people posted after me telling them that this was a very old post

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Talk about digging up old post! :joke: But still, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. The people on this board are always friendly :bigthumbsup: I now have just over 5000 miles on it, a PCiii, JSD, "skeeter" air mod and can now run 7.6 @ 93 in the 1/8th. I love this bike!!!! Now, back to lurking in the corner....... :doorag:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
:welcome: This bike is the best thing smoke'n! By the way...SIlver is faster.... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts