M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: BOULEVARD M109R M109 INTEGRATED TAILLGHT TAIL

I like the idea and would buy if it was red. Why is it clear?. Don't think it will be legal in my jurisdiction.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

Go to clear alternatives web site they sell the set up in red, smoke and clear for 129.99

·
Registered
58 Posts

Can you post some pictures with the light actually working. Im curious to what the turn signal function versus the break light function looks like.

thanks
scott

·
Registered
58 Posts

cool...looks good

Thanks for the pic's

scott

·
Registered
169 Posts

ppridgen1 said:
rode with doughboy and toneout this weekend and the new clear alternatives looks great,....only problem was you couldn't even tell it was on when driving behind him about 2/3 dimmer than the stocker. :doorag:
yea, agreed an the brightness ( or lack of) when viewed from behind. :confused:
I had my big bike eagle eye indicators off for one day only, then back on pronto. Dangerous without them. :(
I now have eagle eyes and the integrated unit working together.
Might even go back to the std red unit as during the day this unit is damn dangerous and almost unnoticable for brakelight effect and forget indicator usage.
Kinda defeats the purpose of habving the unit though doensnt it?
For this to work safely during the day they need to be way brighter than what I have been supplied. Bummer. :confused:
Ride with only the integrated light/indicators and I think you'd better up your insurance ( medical)

Great business, good idea, lousy execution....

·
Registered
280 Posts

I just ordered one of these tail lights, and am now wondering if I should just ship it back unopened... I don't suppose anyone has an idea as to how to increase output of this baby (step up transformer or something)?

I suppose that if worse comes to worse, I can wait for the stock LI clear tail lights to become available.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Nebraska_Marine said:
I just ordered one .....I suppose that if worse comes to worse, I can wait for the stock LI clear tail lights to become available.
I have the smoked. Its o/k at night.,but I am disappointed with daytime performance. :eek: I've already had a truck try to go around my right while I was making a right turn with my blinker on. It was dusk. :edit: I made my turn anyway. Send it back.

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20061227/1/4/7/1478d007a16aacda57a80f2cb67765810_large.jpg

·
Registered
501 Posts

The red LED's show through the clear when bike is on. And when brakes applied, gets brighter red. They are legal as they are red when on.

·
Registered
280 Posts

:edit:!!! I mean, I had planned on keeping turn signals for safety's sake... but hadn't even thought that someone would make a brakelight with negligable light output. (I was knocked off the road in my 4runner a couple years ago going about 60 by a dumptruck... still recovering from that. Safety's high on my (and my wife's) priority list) Maybe I could rig up a relay to activate when the brake's tapped to turn on a stebil air horn...

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

I am waiting on mine to be delivered.

After reading all the post i decided to axe the stockers because that was one of the main reasons that i am changing the tail light, and i will be mounting the radiantz led light strips under the fender to brighten up my turning intentions and still keep have a cleaned up rear end.

·
Registered
280 Posts

I got an e-mail from extreme performance (the reseller of the tail light on ebay) yesterday offering me a full refund, because clear alternatives is closed from Dec 22 to Jan 2. I took it, and will hope that they enhance the light output of their product soon. If they don't, I'll just attempt to get the tail light part for a Limited Edition bike. Anyone have any idea how difficuly that is / will be?

·
Registered
280 Posts

You're probably right about the clear making it seem less bright, Robert, and you make a good point about the light probably being there. But, living in Nebraska and it being almost January, I have time to wait for another alternative to the tail light in question before the weather gets warm enough to ride again without loosing extremities. (I am also sending my Nolan helmet in for repairs this month (gotta love that 5 year warranty) so no riding for me for a while :'( anyway.)

Thanks again for all the info!

·
Registered
169 Posts

you will need to see a clear light in person to judge it for yourself I reckon.
Unless they have different types of daylight over there in some peoples areas, IMO the light is just too unnoticabel during the day to be considered safe.
It doesnt matter if its the same intensity as the stocker and the only reason its hard to see is because of the clear lens.....the clear lens look is why we bought the thing in the first place, and CA should have done some homework and then used high intensity LEDS to counteract the dimming effect of daylight.
I love the look but there is NO WAY this thing is safe to replace the indicators, and is a deangerous and piss-poor brakelight replacement also. See for yourself and make your own judgement :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
501 Posts

I changed to the clear integrated rear light and I also added two mini Kuryakyn LED's w/ clear lenses under de-beavered tail that I put on a Back-Off module and all's well, I believe. I
'm also going to add these ( http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3123 ) as rear running lights out of sight under de-beavered tail and two on the rear sides as turn signal adjuncts attached to a Trickflasher which are very small but bright and unnoticeable until activated. I will be seen.
After completed I'll post pics if it looks good. Otherwise, who knows.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

I still havn't ordered my clear light. I like the looks of it. I think Im still gonna get one. I dont really do too much night riding, but even if I do, Im gonna put some LED's to brighten it up some... hopefully all these idiots can pull their heads out there a$$ long enough to pay attention. I dont know if its just an IN thing, but people in this state are just DDRRR when it comes to driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts

put smoke on my black 06 works great night an day... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts