M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys bought the throttle boss for the ISO grips. I really do love it.....but....I tried to get it in the right place on the grip. I found that the way it is made is that it is either too high on the grip or too low.

Has anyone had this problem?
Is there any way to turn my grip upwards if you know what I mean?
I hope someone might know what I mean when it comes to setting it up.

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey guys bought the throttle boss for the ISO grips. I really do love it.....but....I tried to get it in the right place on the grip. I found that the way it is made is that it is either too high on the grip or too low.

Has anyone had this problem?
Is there any way to turn my grip upwards if you know what I mean?
I hope someone might know what I mean when it comes to setting it up.

Thanks
I installed mine on the iso grips BEFORE I put the grips on the bars- that way it was where I wanted it to be.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Why didnt you get a Brakeaway throttle control? A little more money, but a much better device. :doorag:
:agree: Great piece of engineering!!:bigthumbsup: They reside on all three of our bikes.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Depending on how you attach it, the ranges from the four slots almost overlap. I'm surprised one of them is not close.

But you can change the rotation of the throttle. Remove the left air cleaner box and adjust the nuts on the throttle cables where they mount next to the throttle bodies. If you loosen one and tighten the other it rotates the throttle.

The adjuster near the lever does it too, but it also changes how much slack you have in the grip. If you screw the adjuster out it rotates the throttle forward.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why didnt you get a Brakeaway throttle control? A little more money, but a much better device. :doorag:
A LITTLE more money?? That's 200 bucks compared to 20 bucks...:-\.

Would like the Brakeaway but couldn't afford that right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts