M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short i needed a more capable truck than my 06 nissan titan, so after doing some shopping aorund i bought myself a new tundra double cab with tow package. i was pretty impressed with the amount of features for a lower end truck. il even have to read the owners manual for the first time ever with a vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice!! I may need to buy one myself and a trailer, military moving me next June. they won't ship my 9:edit:

·
Registered
159 Posts
well see if you would have joined the Navy, they would have shipped your bike.........good ride today. We might ride to Columbia tommorrow if you would like to go. Let me know. You still gonna bring your mirrors over to polish?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
Very nice truck bro! My next door neighbor bought one almost like it in white and told me yesterday he really liked it. I never considered one of those a lower end truck. :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice!! I may need to buy one myself and a trailer, military moving me next June. they won't ship my 9:edit:
well see if you would have joined the Navy, they would have shipped your bike.........good ride today. We might ride to Columbia tommorrow if you would like to go. Let me know. You still gonna bring your mirrors over to polish?
Yeah, like Dave said. Heck even the Air Force will ship it as part of your house hold goods. If I go over seas. That's the way I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lower end truck?

Man, that thing is right in there with the Big 3 unless you are talking diesel. I have a 2000 Tundra, one of the first ones they ever sold. While not the same as yours, it is an awesome vehicle. I don't really need a big truck anymore, so better off to just keep it as it is still nicer than the Ranger/Tacoma sized vehicle that I would end up with.

I would love to have a new Tundra, but not really practical for me. I pulled a horse trailer all over the place with mine. It knew it was back there, but pulled it like a champ.

You will like it. I'm surprised the Titan wasn't enough truck, I thought those things had like a 10K tow rating?

Congrats on the wedding!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh i didnt mean lower end in general i just meant it was the base model with very little options compared to a limited tundra or optioned out. it definately is very comparable and i cant wait to tow my jayflight camper with it. driving it a few days now this thing really rides nice

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didnt have a big tow package in my titan. in all fairness was partly my fault. plus it had some other issues seemed wierd. it kept busting rear differential seals which im sure one day would lead to a rear diff issue. also the evap valve kept clogging and the rear tailpipe came off only 4 years old with 39k on the clock. all that togethor i decided to trade while i was ahead of the game. motorwise the titan could pull even without the tow gear but suspension and brakes were not. if it wasnt for my camper i would never buy a big truck theyr money pits
Lower end truck?

Man, that thing is right in there with the Big 3 unless you are talking diesel. I have a 2000 Tundra, one of the first ones they ever sold. While not the same as yours, it is an awesome vehicle. I don't really need a big truck anymore, so better off to just keep it as it is still nicer than the Ranger/Tacoma sized vehicle that I would end up with.

I would love to have a new Tundra, but not really practical for me. I pulled a horse trailer all over the place with mine. It knew it was back there, but pulled it like a champ.

You will like it. I'm surprised the Titan wasn't enough truck, I thought those things had like a 10K tow rating?

Congrats on the wedding!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I just bought an 08 myself towed 2 bikes in an enclosed 6x10 trailer to VA tows great didn't even know the trailer was there.little ruff on gas but it is a big truck watch out hard to see things in lower front corners I have ran over the garbage cans a few times thank god they are rubber :D
one other thing I like came with an HID kit,brush bar,fog lights, dark tinted windows only had 20,000 miles was a repo paid 18,000,best of all brother is a toyota mechanic
here is mine

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very nice. are you looking to put steps on yours im on the fence with few different styles.
I just bought an 08 myself towed 2 bikes in an enclosed 6x10 trailer to VA tows great didn't even know the trailer was there.little ruff on gas but it is a big truck watch out hard to see things in lower front corners I have ran over the garbage cans a few times thank god they are rubber :D
one other thing I like came with an HID kit,brush bar,fog lights, dark tinted windows only had 20,000 miles was a repo paid 18,000,best of all brother is a toyota mechanic
here is mine

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
same here have seen some steps I like. The truck is pretty high for a stock truck.May add some in furture

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice truck man!

(I wish they would offer a diesel - I'd buy that in a blink)

(I'm about to pull the trigger on a Diesel Ford 350, wish me luck)

enjoy the new baby...

·
Registered
203 Posts
long story short i needed a more capable truck than my 06 nissan titan, so after doing some shopping aorund i bought myself a new tundra double cab with tow package. i was pretty impressed with the amount of features for a lower end truck. il even have to read the owners manual for the first time ever with a vehicle
Enjoy your Tundra, they sure are fun. I have a 2010 myself and just drove it from Va Beach to Camp Pendleton, Ca. Pulled an enclosed trailer with my 9 in it.
Check out tundratalk.net and let those mods begin.

Jason

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh im allover that site already i put on ventvisors and i decided im going to order nasta stainless stepbars. thye come recommended for 4 season weather due to complete stainles tubes brackets and hardware even and theyr not too pricey

·
Registered
877 Posts
:congrats:shouldve gottin that instead of honda ridgeline...this thing already gets V8 mpg...:-\

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just curious errange whats your gas mileage my titan was like 15mpg this thing seems alil better

1 - 20 of 28 Posts