M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had the itch and went down to my local Suzuki/Honda/Truimph Dealer to eye shop. Test rode the new Big Bore 1700 Thunderbird. Wasn't to impressed with the power and some of the features. Its a decent bike but didnt want to go done in power from the M109. So I ended up buying a brand new 2009 Rocket III. Last Rocket in the state of Texas they could supposedly find for me. So will have it right next to the M109.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:congrats::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics

Pics will come tomorrow they have to drive to San Antonio in the morning to get it and bring back to me.

G

·
Well had the itch and went down to my local Suzuki/Honda/Truimph Dealer to eye shop. Test rode the new Big Bore 1700 Thunderbird. Wasn't to impressed with the power and some of the features. Its a decent bike but didnt want to go done in power from the M109. So I ended up buying a brand new 2009 Rocket III. Last Rocket in the state of Texas they could supposedly find for me. So will have it right next to the M109.
Get any $$ off since it was a leftover? I got $2700 off my 9 last June 'cause it was a leftover '08, new on the floor.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bike Price

The biggest issue with the 09 was it has a higher MSRP than the 2010-2011. In 09 the Rocket III was 15,399 MSRP well in 2010-2011 Triumph dropped the MSRP to 13999 on the Rockets. So on this deal I got the last one in the state of Texas at 13999 minus $750 for being active duty military and free tire and wheel warranty for 7 years. Wasnt much wiggle room on the bike due to being last one they could get ahold of, but still made decent deal. The said part the Thunderbird was 1000 more for the big bore kit bike. So went with the more power Rocket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Big fan of Triumph. Sad to say I had to sell my '98 Daytona :-[ to finally get my 9. Was an excellent runner and a blast to ride. Still have a '71 that I hope to some day customize to a "cafe" style.

G

·
The biggest issue with the 09 was it has a higher MSRP than the 2010-2011. In 09 the Rocket III was 15,399 MSRP well in 2010-2011 Triumph dropped the MSRP to 13999 on the Rockets. So on this deal I got the last one in the state of Texas at 13999 minus $750 for being active duty military and free tire and wheel warranty for 7 years. Wasnt much wiggle room on the bike due to being last one they could get ahold of, but still made decent deal. The said part the Thunderbird was 1000 more for the big bore kit bike. So went with the more power Rocket.
Why on earth would they drop the price like that?

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Why on earth would they drop the price like that?
:dontknow: I ask the same question. I actually read that there were a couple of upgrades on the newer one. I definately would like to have one just to to pick at the harley guys. That is the engine (2300cc) that I wish they had put in the 2010 canam spyder RT. If they had, I might be minus a wife, but I would have one slick touring machine:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pics

Here are the pics of the bike just picked it up. Handles awesome and has gobs of power compared to my modified 9.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Its beautiful bro! Of all the Triumph bikes I have test ridden so far, the Rocket was the only one that had enough power to even consider. Right on, very nice bike! Its the first bike I will be riding on the Triumph demo days tour in Newport Beach next week, I cant wait to ride it again!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've got 4 bikes and I love all of them, congrats on the Rocket. In looking at the bike, I'm talking with the wife on selling a ventage bike I just restored and using the money as part of payment for the rocket III. PS I say talking to wife because she does'nt want to see the restored bike go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts