M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 2003 VTX 1800 for 5 years (still have it) and have been looking at the C109 for about 2. Dealer in Decatur, Al had red 2008 marked down to $10,700 Saturday. I had to have it. A few questions:

1. Does this bike actually have an air cleaner for each cylinder?
2. Looks like after market parts are hard to come by. Am I right?
3. What is top speed on this monster?
4. Owners manual said check valves at 24,000 miles. Is this right? Vtx was every 8,000.

I've only put 100 miles on it so far but like it. Looking forward to getting some good service out of it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
:welcome: and enjoy

• Yes it has two air intakes and cleaners
  • Not as hard as it use to be. More and more places are available all the time
  • I don't know but I have had mine up to 135 on the GPS (148 on the speedo) and that was fast enough for me.
  • I don't know but you could call you dealer and see what they recommend. I'm sticking with the service manual for now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. yes
2. ?
3. I travel 88-100 (140-160 km/h), but I was going already 135 (215 km/h) (then you can not sit on it! :) )
4. Yes, should be checked, but rarely needed option

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
Looks like your questions were answered so

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
332 Posts
1. There are two air cleaners but they go to the same air box that both cylinders take air from.

4. My 2008 says the valves need to be checked every 14,500 miles. I checked mine at 14,000 miles and found all in spec although 2 of the valves were at the minimum. The range is quite narrow (2 thousanths for the intakes and 3 thousanths for the exhaust) . I'm curious to see where they are when I check them at 29,000.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yesterday I installed passenger floorboards, passenger backrest and luggage rack on my new scooter. Something to the tune of 750 bucks. I have a feeling this is just the start! The wife said it rides much better than the VTX. Going to Thunder on the beach at the end of this Month!

·
Registered
608 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts