M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JSD-3 on and the intake mod.  Those are the only performance mods so far.

I live about 10 miles from a pretty good sized university so I decide to head out tonight, find some university kids on their bikes and see what mine will do.

Long and short of it I raced 2 cars and 5 bikes.

Raced a mustang GT convert. The guy keeps revving at a light. It's him and his girl. So I look at them and say "are you serious?" the girl in the passenger seat looks at me and says "hey, this thing hauls a$%."  So that race takes one second and the next light they won't look at me or talk to me. Funny.

Raced a Viper, wasn't that close, took him to 90 mph and slowed down.

Raced 2 crotch rockets, both 600's both 2 up. An F2 and a ZX-6.  Took the F2 to 90 mph and slowed down, beat him pretty good. Took the ZX-6 to 115 mph and then he caught and passed me. If they weren't 2 up the ZX would probably of caught me around 100 mph.

Funniest was these 3 cruisers. They were together, a VTX 1300 a Mean Streak and a Warrior.  First they were riding behind me and they came up next to me and asked me if it was a custom (it's totally debadged and the plate is cut and a few LEDs) I told them it was a Suzuki they kept asking about the tire and the intakes. The warrior asks if it's fast I say it's okay. We stop at a light and they want a go and I tell them I don't want to be embarrassed by a kid on a warrior. They hang with me and keep bugging me. They tell me that the Warrior is bad a$% and will kill the VTX and meanstreak. Finally at a light I tell them we can give it a go.  Wasn't even close. Ate them in first and second just devoured them. So funny.

I am liking this bike more and more.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sweet , i know the rider is a big part of it, but i'm finally gonna do the intake mod tomarrow. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rider is definitly a big factor but the bike does have more HP. It vibrates a little bit more now between 2500 and 3500 under full throttle. I am sold on Taz's dyno charts though. he gained 10hp and 15 ftlbs with the boxes removed and I think this has to give you a little more air than that with the cleaners up front like that.

I am really pleased. $40 in the JSD and $80 on this. Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yah, I can't wait until I'm healthy enough to get out and start scrouning the parts up for this mod. The nice thing is if I decide to go with lamont's or Thunder air's kit later, I won't have an arm and a leg in this mod. I like your report L-Train.
Jerbear

G

·
Train, I like the look the intake mod gives you 109, it's great. Looks like you are having alot of fun in the Springville, Prove area. Be careful the law in that area can be a real bummer when it wants to. I have the 3m installed and working on a plate to mount the rear signals under the rear fender at this time. I'm waiting on my windshield, roadburner pipes and chip so the lights won't blink so darned fast.

oldold

·
Registered
64 Posts
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! :yikes: :bigthumbsup:

i am so glad that you have had great results on the mod I had a feeling you would be happy with it keep cleaning up the streets and ride safe...Also be carefull with the law the NITROUS SILVER just made its first donation to the local police deparment :dontknow: :edit:

·
Registered
64 Posts
oh about one BENFRANKLIN :cus: :edit: :swear: :realmad: :dontknow: :mad: I hope they use the donation to buy something nice....oh well :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts