M109 Rider Forums banner
301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
One more thing to say. After installing the Airride, i was not 100% happy with the look. After istalling aditional 5cm lowering bones, it was perfect for me. Pump it up for riding and tatal drop down in parcing position. For me it was worth every penny/ €
I’ve been running 2” lowering bones and I could feel EVERY bump when riding 2 up. I’ve been told that the new Arnott System drops super low and should probably replace the 2” bones with 1.5” to be safe if the system ever gave out. So the plan is to do both at the same time.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Cruiserbaer, that's a very sharp 9 you have there. I love some of the European Modified M109Rs. They are uniquely-styled, and modified somewhat differently than most of the things we see here in the U.S.

Great Job Cruiserbaer. I'm quite impressed with what you have created there. :) (y)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cruiserbaer, that's a very sharp 9 you have there. I love some of the European Modified M109Rs. They are uniquely-styled, and modified somewhat differently than most of the things we see here in the U.S.

Great Job Cruiserbaer. I'm quite impressed with what you have created there. :) (y)
Thank you Judah. Still doing small things from Time to Time. I have a PC5 installed and it runs gut. But i think it would run even better after ECU Flash. My last M1800R had nice Airbrush on it. Thinking to do some Paintjob on this one to. But it will be something to do in the next Wintertime. Now we are waiting here in Germany, untill the wetter gets better. Riding in groups or Meeting with friends and doing partys is not possible do to the Covid situation over here. I hoope the situation get better in Sommer. I have seen some Videos from this year Daytona Bike Week. It reminds at the Times bevor Covid.
Stay save and enjoy live (y)

·
Registered
176 Posts
(y)
I’ve been running 2” lowering bones and I could feel EVERY bump when riding 2 up. I’ve been told that the new Arnott System drops super low and should probably replace the 2” bones with 1.5” to be safe if the system ever gave out. So the plan is to do both at the same time.
I have installed 5cm bones. This is nearly 2". When i drop it Down, then the backfender has contact with the tire. To be safe, it would be better to use 1 1/2" bones.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Thank you Judah. Still doing small things from Time to Time. I have a PC5 installed and it runs gut. But i think it would run even better after ECU Flash. My last M1800R had nice Airbrush on it. Thinking to do some Paintjob on this one to. But it will be something to do in the next Wintertime. Now we are waiting here in Germany, untill the wetter gets better. Riding in groups or Meeting with friends and doing partys is not possible do to the Covid situation over here. I hoope the situation get better in Sommer. I have seen some Videos from this year Daytona Bike Week. It reminds at the Times bevor Covid.
Stay save and enjoy live (y)
Yes Bro, the improvements and attention to detail changes seem to never stop, when owning an M109R. I love all of the diversity in modifying, customizing, and upgrading we are able to do with our 9s. It makes owning one so much more fun, because you'll often see things others have thoughtfully created with their gifts and talents that you've never seen before. Regarding the FULL ECU FLASH, I can attest to just how much of an improvement in performance it creates, as I have recently had one of my M109Rs upgraded with a FULL ECU FLASH from BCS, here in the U.S. The change is instantaneously and profoundly noticeable, as soon as you take the bike out for a test ride with the FULL ECU FLASH installed. As for airbrushing your bike, I hope you leave the steel grey base color in place, and do some airbrushing over the top of it, because I love that steel grey color...especially with the modifications and customizations you have added to your 9. Of course, last year, this year, and likely into 2022, has been and will be very trying times, where we have to be wise and consistent with our decision-making and actions, as it pertains to keeping ourselves and those around us safe, and free from this awful COVID-19 disease. It sucks to have to be so distant and disengaged (physically) from what seems like the rest of the entire world sometimes. But, it is the hand we've been dealt, and we have to make the best of a very bad situation, and do our very best to prevent it, or anything like it from ever happening again. I think the entire world needs to push the reset button, and go back to the foundations of why we were created in the first place, and who we were created by to find our way toward true north, and living the type of lives we were intended to live. What most of us around the world are doing, is not what God intended for us, which is why, I believe, the world is in such disarray right now. Our reluctance to be guided by the one who created us all, has led us to this disaster we are experiencing right now. Unless and until we (the world) decide to get on track and in line with our creator, allow him to be our guide and compass, we will never, ever see our greatest potential realized and/or come to fruition. So much for that! Now, I am hopeful to getting back to times where guys and gals of the biking communities can gather up again for fun bike meets, bike rallies, bike shows, and just good old laughter and fellowship. I miss that, although I've never been one to constantly be out there running the streets. I guess, you really don't know how good something is/was, until it's gone.

Anyway Cruiserbaer, I hope that all goes well for you and your loved ones now and in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years. Be safe in everything you do, and I hope to be in touch with you from time to time. By the way, what city in Germany do you live in? I spent 15 years of my 20.5 year military career in Germany, serving in the U.S. Army. I loved it. In fact, my adult son is half German.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes Bro, the improvements and attention to detail changes seem to never stop, when owning an M109R. I love all of the diversity in modifying, customizing, and upgrading we are able to do with our 9s. It makes owning one so much more fun, because you'll often see things others have thoughtfully created with their gifts and talents that you've never seen before. Regarding the FULL ECU FLASH, I can attest to just how much of an improvement in performance it creates, as I have recently had one of my M109Rs upgraded with a FULL ECU FLASH from BCS, here in the U.S. The change is instantaneously and profoundly noticeable, as soon as you take the bike out for a test ride with the FULL ECU FLASH installed. As for airbrushing your bike, I hope you leave the steel grey base color in place, and do some airbrushing over the top of it, because I love that steel grey color...especially with the modifications and customizations you have added to your 9. Of course, last year, this year, and likely into 2022, has been and will be very trying times, where we have to be wise and consistent with our decision-making and actions, as it pertains to keeping ourselves and those around us safe, and free from this awful COVID-19 disease. It sucks to have to be so distant and disengaged (physically) from what seems like the rest of the entire world sometimes. But, it is the hand we've been dealt, and we have to make the best of a very bad situation, and do our very best to prevent it, or anything like it from ever happening again. I think the entire world needs to push the reset button, and go back to the foundations of why we were created in the first place, and who we were created by to find our way toward true north, and living the type of lives we were intended to live. What most of us around the world are doing, is not what God intended for us, which is why, I believe, the world is in such disarray right now. Our reluctance to be guided by the one who created us all, has led us to this disaster we are experiencing right now. Unless and until we (the world) decide to get on track and in line with our creator, allow him to be our guide and compass, we will never, ever see our greatest potential realized and/or come to fruition. So much for that! Now, I am hopeful to getting back to times where guys and gals of the biking communities can gather up again for fun bike meets, bike rallies, bike shows, and just good old laughter and fellowship. I miss that, although I've never been one to constantly be out there running the streets. I guess, you really don't know how good something is/was, until it's gone.

Anyway Cruiserbaer, I hope that all goes well for you and your loved ones now and in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years. Be safe in everything you do, and I hope to be in touch with you from time to time. By the way, what city in Germany do you live in? I spent 15 years of my 20.5 year military career in Germany, serving in the U.S. Army. I loved it. In fact, my adult son is half German.
Dear Judah, thanks for your kind words. I read a lot of positive reports from the full ECU Flash from BCS in the US. Over here in Germany our M1800R are a little differend compared to the US M109R, as how the Bikes com from the Dealership. In the German M1800R Forum i also read some Reports from a German Company that also is verry succesful in doing PC5 Mapping on a dino stand and doing full ECU Flash. For my Future Airbrush i would like to do somthing on Top of the grey matt color. I know that a lot of US military was/are based in the south Part of Germany and the GI's like to ride on the German Autobahn (Highways) without speed Limits. I live i a small City in the West part of Germany. Bigger citys close to my Place are Dortmund and Collogne.
Stay safe (y)

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Dear Judah, thanks for your kind words. I read a lot of positive reports from the full ECU Flash from BCS in the US. Over here in Germany our M1800R are a little differend compared to the US M109R, as how the Bikes com from the Dealership. In the German M1800R Forum i also read some Reports from a German Company that also is verry succesful in doing PC5 Mapping on a dino stand and doing full ECU Flash. For my Future Airbrush i would like to do somthing on Top of the grey matt color. I know that a lot of US military was/are based in the south Part of Germany and the GI's like to ride on the German Autobahn (Highways) without speed Limits. I live i a small City in the West part of Germany. Bigger citys close to my Place are Dortmund and Collogne.
Stay safe (y)
I'm very familiar with the Dortmund and Collogne area, as I used to ride through there quite often, on my way to North Germany to visit my German in-laws. Yes, I have ridden those Autobahn roads on motorcycles at extremely fast speeds for years. I was much younger then, and I was pretty much fearless, careless, and somewhat reckless at times. It was fun while it lasted, but I would never do those speeds again. I was 🤣 🤣 🤣😁😁😁🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,140 Posts
301 - 317 of 317 Posts