M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I've done it on a bike or two years back but anyway...

No pipes...Titans are getting their ... ok they have already got their teeth kicked in... I've replaced my JR map with the Lamonster map since my pipes were lost and I now have cobras that should be delivered tomorrow... I wanna start my bike. Any of you gear heads think it will be ok to crank her up and let her breathe for a minute or three?

Bike hasn't been run in a month, thank you UPS.

·
Registered
775 Posts
it's gonna be REALLY loud; but i wouldn't see where it would hurt anything. i wouldn't rev it up, though. just let it warm up a minute and shut it down.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I'll wait ... I figured as much but beer and boredom... haha one more day

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahahaha no this is her :)

That dude on SNL just kills me, and I love the Falconer skit that he does. "Donald, save me"

Edited to be work safe, etc.! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
You know, the pregnancy rate increased exponentially where I live while we didn't have power after the Hurricanes in 2004. It had a lot to do with boredom. We figured out how to pass the time in Florida.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
no don't .too much chance of warping a valve, why risk it
Hey Perry, what is it that causes a chance of warping a valve without pipes? I figured it woud be something like the back pressure sucking junk in, but I dunno.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
hot valves and cold air directly onto it don't make a great combo ...it can warp it ....just a possibility but why risk it
Cool. I didn't know that. Makes sense.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Older big trucks (18 wheelers) had a issue with this. After pulling a load up a mountain and getting the motor and the turbo real warm in the process, then after getting to the top parking and shutting off the motor without a cool down period caused them to crack or warp the exhaust valves ........... and that was through about 15 feet of straight pipe :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts