M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what kind of Riding boots do U where....? I have problems finding them in my size... 15... couldn't find any I liked ... tell about 3 months ago they are Sidi and I have to say I love these things...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I wear Ad Tec square toe motorcycle boots. They look just like HD boots, but without the HD logos on the, so they were like $300 cheaper!! I also have big feet (15's) and I feel your pain when it comes to our options of the limited selection.

-Josh

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I have a pair of Milwaukee Trooper boots that work nice, but my favorites are a cheap pair of work boots from Walmart. I like them because of the steel toe, which makes the bike shift so much better. I'd really like to find a pair that you can wear with khakis at work and not have them look like boots.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wear Ad Tec square toe motorcycle boots. They look just like HD boots, but without the HD logos on the, so they were like $300 cheaper!! I also have big feet (15's) and I feel your pain when it comes to our options of the limited selection.

-Josh
Yea it is a bummer most of the ones U find are like hiking boots that u have to lace up and tie... which don't like .... wish more companys made bigger sizes... My last pair I have had for over 20 years but are size 14 and can wear them riding but I can not walk in them too short...
:doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag:

·
xxx
210 Posts
So what kind of Riding boots do U where....? I have problems finding them in my size... 15... couldn't find any I liked ... tell about 3 months ago they are Sidi and I have to say I love these things...

I have a similar pair of Sidi boots (plus two shorter pair of boots for hot riding). The only problem with the Sidis is that they are designed for sport bike riding where your feet and legs are angled back. You're fighting their shape a bit on the 9. I wore them on a 2,000 mile ride last year and that was the only problem other than they are warm. Boots, like jackets and gloves, require more than one pair to deal with all riding conditions.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
;)

I have a similar pair of Sidi boots (plus two shorter pair of boots for hot riding). The only problem with the Sidis is that they are designed for sport bike riding where your feet and legs are angled back. You're fighting their shape a bit on the 9. I wore them on a 2,000 mile ride last year and that was the only problem other than they are warm. Boots, like jackets and gloves, require more than one pair to deal with all riding conditions.
I saw they have a summer pair would like to have in my size... Tho I do have a pair of leather slip on shoes I wear in the summer , probably not the best riding shoes..... OH yea I have a pair of crocs ;) for them really hot days... LOOL

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
;)
Those look pretty cool. altho if they aint comfy then they aint werth buying! :dontknow: my next pair will be slip-ons, for sure.
That is for sure... the boots I got are very comfortable. so far .... I have not been on a really long trip with them since I just got them ,,, have went around 60 miles and seemed very comfortable..... :doorag:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have a pair of Milwaukee Trooper boots that work nice, but my favorites are a cheap pair of work boots from Walmart. I like them because of the steel toe, which makes the bike shift so much better. I'd really like to find a pair that you can wear with khakis at work and not have them look like boots.
I got ones with steel toes but it tend it to get caught in the shift lever... got me some other ones...

·
Registered
772 Posts

I have this same boot, it's an older pair, but the Sidi have been the best boot I have ever ridden with. They offer great protection (actual field tested), built to last and all day walk around comfort. Sidi products are well worth the money imo.

CP

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought these for the days I ride to work. They don't look too bad with laces. The velcro strap keeps the laces out of the gear shift and break levers and the velcro is high enough up that it's usually above my cuff so they look pretty much like normal shoes.

They're also waterproof, have soles and heels that won't crush and they're pretty comfortable so you can wear them all day. I like Big-Boy 109's Sidi's too. I may still get a pair for cold weather riding on weekends.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts