M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow 109 riders:

I'm looking for some boot recommendations. I've been riding my 109 with my Honda half-boots with heels, and I've concluded that this type of boot doesn't work well for me on the 109 due to the pedal/peg positioning (it was fine on my last bike). So today I rode with plain shoes (with no heels), and it was waaay more comfortable.

So now I'm looking for a pair of half boots that are comfortable under jeans, have no heel, are flexible in the ankle, and have good protection. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
DHandyman said:
http://www.desert-gear.com/cotaboc8sw8c.html

Great boots, bought them for my bike and now I wear them constantly just cause they're very comfy. Full composite in them, no metal anywhere and they grip on oily roads very well..
I have these as well. They are very comfortable and work pretty well. I also like the inside ankle zipper for quick on/off of boot.

My only problem is the thick toe gives me a problem when shifting. I either can't get my boot out or I fail to rock my foot forward enough after a shift before the next shift??? :yikes:

I have not adjusted the shift lever for fear I may have problems with tennis shoes???

Any sugestions? :dontknow: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Chuck said:
I have these as well. They aree very comfortable and work pretty well. I also like the inside ankle zipper for quick on/off of boot.

My only problem is the thick toe gives me a problem when shifting. I either can't get by boot out or I fail to rock my foot forward enough after a shift before the next shift??? :yikes:

I have not adjusted the shift lever for fear I may have problems with tennis shoes???

Any sugestions? :dontknow: :doorag:
Hehe.. never wear anything but boots when riding? 8)

G

·
I just ponied up and bought a pair of these johnny rebs. :bigthumbsup:
Very comfortable boot, very flexable and no issue bending to grab a gear or hit the skids.
Now i just gotta find a way to give em a nice "patina" so they look like an an old pair.
Boots, like jeans and leather jackets, are no good until they are old and worn.

http://www.thomascookclothing.com.au/tcshop/prod1004.htm

hotwasabi :doorag:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I wear a boot called "Brazos" and I thought they were made by Bates but I could be wrong. The "Brazos" name might be the style but they are a lot like the boot Law enforcement wears. They are about 10" tall very lightweight but padded/reenforced good and have a sole a lot like an athletic shoe, no heel. I found out a long time ago I cannot wear boots with heels when I ride. Me feet get hung up to easy and the peg to foot relationship does not always mean your toes will be where you need them with some bikes/boots and I like the comfort of no heels when walking after getting off the bike too.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey, I just wear those comfy Justin Ropers in Black with my black jeans. Look and wear good and are real comfortable. High tops only protect from a n exhaust burn in the event of a spill.. Otherwise they're worthless. But only about $49 depending on where you buy them. That's the Texas price :eek: My current pair I've had for about 4 years and 45K miles. They fit most bikes. :D

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I forgot to mention, the "Brazos" boot mentioned above is available at Academy Sporting goods stores along with a lot of other type boots and are reasonably priced. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
thats a lot like the "Brazos" I was talking about earlier. I think mine is just a style of Bates boot. Mine has the zip side too and are nice and light on the feet but look like they have a less pronounced heel than yours do. about the same price. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
montoya32 said:
Did you order your boots right from Timberland or get them somewhere else? I saw these and wondered how comfortable they were, but can't find them anywhere but on the Timberland site.
I bought them from a store here in Houston; I want to say it was Journey's. Do a dealer locator in your area on the timberland site and call around to the different stores. BTW they are as comfortable as basketball sneakers.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
G

·
FredB said:
Hi Fellow 109 riders:

I'm looking for some boot recommendations. I've been riding my 109 with my Honda half-boots with heels, and I've concluded that this type of boot doesn't work well for me on the 109 due to the pedal/peg positioning (it was fine on my last bike). So today I rode with plain shoes (with no heels), and it was waaay more comfortable.

So now I'm looking for a pair of half boots that are comfortable under jeans, have no heel, are flexible in the ankle, and have good protection. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
I was having the same issue this is what I picked up and am liking them alot.

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/men/bootsshoes/work/wedgesole/2745/popular/All/All/All
http://www.justinoriginalworkboots....Gender=6&sType=224&sSubType=395&nStart=5&Pg=1

1 - 20 of 27 Posts