M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I bought a set of M109 Boogie Boards by Xtreme Revolution and am happy to report that they fit the M90 and work very well. In fact, I think they're AWESOME! Very comfortable and they look great on the M90.

I also dragged my peg feelers a few times today and can verify that the boogie boards do NOT touch down when you are at maximum lean angle. That is a great feature for me as I ground away a set of Kuryakyn ISO mini-wings last year - they did not have any peg feelers (lean angle sensor bolts).

As the boogie boards mount to the stock footpeg (after unbolting and removing the rubber footpeg pads) you can still use your stock lean angle sensor bolts - or even better - the awesome Titanium Draggers which I have :)

See the attached pics - You'll see that even though I've ground the peg feelers, including today, the floorboards are unharmed. Also, as strange as this may sound, I found that the floorboards seemed to give me more control. I found myself able to toss around the bike more freely. Perhaps it's due to the better placement of my boots on the floorboard rather than hanging off. Scraping my boot heels on the pavement is not the most comfortable aspect of riding the M90 somewhat aggressively through some fun twisties and not having this happen was great.

In addition, the Boogie Boards are designed with some inside cuts so that you can 'dig in' and push your feet against the boards similar to a foot peg allowing you to still feel connected to the bike.

I've ridden my buddy's C90 with standard floorboards and these boogie boards feel much different than a standard floorboard where you feel disconnected from the bike. The boogie boards are sort of a cross between a footpeg and a floorboard.

These boogie boards are awesome! I highly recommend them - and at $119 + shipping from MSN (MSRP of $149) they're not nearly as expensive as standard floorboards.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ohh kick a$$! :D

So you just remove the rubber pad and bolt them on. That will make me more comfortable. Im a short guy and sometimes on long rides I wish my feet were back a couple inches, but cant move the pegs... Im sure this will help!

Thanks for the info bro

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep - you unbolt the rubber pad on the footpeg and bolt the boogie boards on. They're really high quality machined billet aluminum - not cheap cast steel of some other floorboards.

I bought mine from my local Suzuki dealer - Motorsports Nation (MSN) in Plainfield, CT. I really only found the boogie boards available at 2 places online - Xtreme Revolution at full MSRP of $149 and another vendor selling them for $169. MSN offers 20-percent discount on in-stock and special order parts so I got them for $119.

It took me weeks of harassing Xtreme Revolution to respond to emails, phone calls for MSN to get setup as a dealer so I could order from them (and get the discount) but the wait was worth it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
boards

I also have a set of these for about 2 years now. I love these things. Easy installation, but the best part is you can move your feet around 2 or 3 places. Flat, have the toes hang off the front slight outward or have the heel hang off the back. Makes a big difference in a long ride. I also agree that I feel more in control than the standard peg, foot doesn't slip and you push your weight around a little more.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice floorboards. Now I need to find a store that would ship these to Europe.
Check with Brooks @ MSN. Best price plus he's willing to ship.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice boards Blake,they do look comfortable.And you other guy's from the EU,trust Blake on this one,deal with Brooks from MSN,I just sent him $650AU for the shroud and some other bit's and spoke to him on the phone before i did and he seem's to be a nice guy(he better be!)I think i am the 3rd Aussie customer he has got.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
203 Posts
Check with Brooks @ MSN. Best price plus he's willing to ship.
You can't go wrong dealing with Brooks. I had ridden down to MSN to pickup some parts. The delivery truck was late. He was so concerned he wanted to buy me lunch because I had to wait.

I live in Connecticut and have to pay the sales tax. MSN is usually cheaper than on line prices even with the tax.

Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey SBLfromNS, did you try shimming the B Boards to tilt them in for leg position? makes a big difference :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you know if the rear boards from the 109 fit too? I would imagine so, but just curious
I don't think the rear boogie boards for the M109 would fit on the M90. If you look at the fiche for both bikes (attached) you'll see that they're different and have different part numbers. The FRONT footrests on both bikes are the same.

M109
BAR, PILLION RH - 43611-44G00
BAR, PILLION LH - 43700-48G00

BAR, FRONT FOOTREST RH - 43531-48G00
BAR, FRONT FOOTREST LH - 43541-48G00

-------
M90
BAR, REAR - 43610-39G00
RUBBER, REAR 43612-39G00

BAR, FRONT FOOTREST RH - 43531-48G00
BAR, FRONT FOOTREST LH - 43541-48G00

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can't go wrong dealing with Brooks. I had ridden down to MSN to pickup some parts. The delivery truck was late. He was so concerned he wanted to buy me lunch because I had to wait.

I live in Connecticut and have to pay the sales tax. MSN is usually cheaper than on line prices even with the tax.

Ride Safe!!!
Yeah, he's a stand up guy. He's gone above and beyond for me a few times.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey SBLfromNS, did you try shimming the B Boards to tilt them in for leg position? makes a big difference :bigthumbsup:
I'm not sure what you mean? What did you use for shims?

I just mounted the boogie boards the regular way...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean? What did you use for shims?

I just mounted the boogie boards the regular way...

Thanks
I cut a thin washer in half (it doesn't take much) and simply lifted up the spring loaded peg and glued the half washer to the peg mount. The Boogie Boards then rest slightly tilted inward for a better leg position. My knees don't want to flop outwards any longer and my feet are more positively planted now. I also adjusted the brake and shifter levers to suit the new pegs (there are threads on bending the brake lever). It made a big difference for me, especially on long rides.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts