M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all..so today I went to three different stores near where I live up here in Ontario Canada looking buy some of those Allen head rounded fasteners and not only did no one have any but they are back ordered from Japan and no idea when they will be in.
Does anyone have place to buy them from..I checked Amazon and can't find any there..

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,148 Posts
Other than a dealer there's not a good place to buy them from. What you can do is get some stainless steel 6mm button head (or the biggest flat head you can find) and make a sleeve that goes over the part you don't want threaded. A 1/4" iD tube slides right over the 6mm threads, and you can cut them to length with a pipe cutter or hacksaw.

Here are some sold as fairing bolts in the right thread, but the length may not be right depending on which one you need. They just need a sleeve so you don't compress the plastic too much.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,148 Posts
Do you have Ace Hardware stores there? If so, they have metric and chrome bolts in lots of different styles. And I would use a metal sleeve, or even plastic sleeve, around the bolt to take up the space the shoulder normally does. The reason for them using a shoulder bolt is so you can tighten it down, but it bottoms out on the shoulder before stressing the plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts