M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, does anyone use body armor while traveling. I have the armor in my jacket, does anyone use any type of armor in there pants like the Bohn Cool Air Bodyguard Adventure Pants.

Larry

·
Registered
908 Posts
I use the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket with the armor. Haven't tried any pants yet. Guess I should. I try to dress for the slide and not the ride.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm looking for a nice riding jacket and would like one with armor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a pair of Cortech pants with armor knees and hips. they are really nice untill it gets warm out. I hear twice as many americans get shot in washington dc than bagdad.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Some friends of mine (2) got really banged up last year. I went out and bought a Kevlar jacket and pants. It has body armor and reflective stripes. I live in NY where hunting season on motorcycles lasts all year. Not very comfortable at first but it is starting to feel very natural now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slickdj96 said:
I'm looking for a nice riding jacket and would like one with armor. Any suggestions?
I have the AGVSport jacket, it has 7 different combinations that you can wear.

Larry

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i wear a joe rocket phoenix as well. great summertime jacket with armor. when it's cooler, i wear a full leather bike jacket (harley). i also wear joe rocket jeans, with the steel mesh in the knees and waist. it's like very fine chain mail. you can't hardly feel it, and they look like normal jeans. i use joe rocket gloves, and harley riding boots as well.

after totalling a bike before, i don't go anywhere unarmored anymore.

·
Registered
44 Posts
looking to get Kevlar jeans for the wife and my self. not the padding for sure but it will make the slide
go a little smoother :D :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wear a Tourmaster jacket with armor, when going back and forth to work (12 miles round trip). I also wear Joe Rocket overpants with armor on trips.

G

·
I have several layers of epidermis that are available in the event of a crash. I hope I don't have to sacrifice them but nonetheless, I am riding a cruiser not a sportbike. My full leathers, full mesh and full face helmet are in the closet waiting for a buyer on e-bay.

G

·
I realize there is a need for protective gear but I log 10,000 miles a year on my Road King and never wear more than a half helmet, short sleeve shirt and a bullet proof vest. :cop:

G

·
Chasing down the President, I went an indicated 120. That's with a Stage 1 and windscreen. I tucked against the tank if that made any difference. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Bush didn't beat me in a street race but I had to pass the motorcade and get back in front. The speedo's are calibrated but should be accurate within a few MPH. I kept banging against redline and then catching back up along the Beeline.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Airborne06 said:
I always wear a helmet, and wear full body armor everyday. Of course, I'm in Baghdad right now too! ::)
Hey Airborne hope things are going well for you and watch your SIX

From another VET

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a Grey/White Olympia textile jacket with light armour in the shoulder, elbow and back area and reflective trim in the seams. I also wear a white full-face helmet. Nothing fancy or expensive, but maybe it'll come in handy one of these days :duck:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts