M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just recently bought an 109 and I am looking for the perfect pipes. I have narrowed it down to three:

BMS: Gas Chamber Exhaust

V&H: Big Shots

Cobra: Side Swepts

What do you guys think. like the look of the BMS but I have heard they are extremely LOUD because they are really for choppers.

Let me know

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
now that you have them narrowed down to three, the other question you have to ask yourself is what is more important to you? performance, sound, looks?

if you want performance, then go with the big shots because the other two will not give you much HP.

however if you want looks then the BMS and swepts offer that.

the BMS is very loud, i have heard them in person. they look nice, but i have always thought that the actual diameter of the pipes themselves make them look too skinny once they are on the bike.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Windy,

Thanks that what I needed I did want looks but I am taking the bike to a tuning shop form him to open her up. So the Big Shots may be my best bet. Any other performance pipe suggestions?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Windy,

Thanks that what I needed I did want looks but I am taking the bike to a tuning shop form him to open her up. So the Big Shots may be my best bet. Any other performance pipe suggestions?
well since you ask. the popular pipe on here for both performance and looks is the raw performance pipe. only problem is that they take some to obtain. if you are in a hurry and don't want to wait for a few months in order to get your pipe then get one of the three that you mention. i currently have the scorpion tips but i am looking at another pipe that would be truly unique to this forum and that not many members have that is rumored to have great performance and looks, but i'm keeping that under my hat.

if you really want some good numbers on the dyno, then don't forget to mod your intakes by opening them up in order to get that engine breathing freely. the tornado intakes are great for HP however the same HP and Torque numbers can be achieved by doing a DUCKS MOD to your intakes.

if you do the exhaust upgrade and any mod to your intakes, then you will need a good fuel management system like a PCIII.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
now that you have them narrowed down to three, the other question you have to ask yourself is what is more important to you? performance, sound, looks?

if you want performance, then go with the big shots because the other two will not give you much HP.

however if you want looks then the BMS and swepts offer that.

the BMS is very loud, i have heard them in person. they look nice, but i have always thought that the actual diameter of the pipes themselves make them look too skinny once they are on the bike.
I know the Cobras don't add as much power as the V&Hs, but they definitely added power to my 9, coupled with K&N filters and the FI2000. I can absolutely FEEL a difference! They probably wouldn't add anything though if you just installed the Cobras alone.

·
Registered
810 Posts
If you go Swepts, you need to consider the ground clearance if you plan on lowering your bike.

I put Swepts on (loved them), but then I put the Arnott Air on and they are pretty low.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks the Raw Performance is nice. One last question can you explain to me how the Ducks Air Mod can work the same as a tornado or cycle house air mod. I mean I know what they do but I thought you would achieve better performance with a tornado or a cycle house.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If you do the Ducks and a K&N you get a much larger surface pulling in cold air. Just make sure to block off the hot air hole in the back when you pull out the 2 inch hose. And It sounds mean up on top. And the Ducks costs less than the others and he will do any design you want. Makes it yours.
Bob

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Thanks the Raw Performance is nice. One last question can you explain to me how the Ducks Air Mod can work the same as a tornado or cycle house air mod. I mean I know what they do but I thought you would achieve better performance with a tornado or a cycle house.
Essentially, they do the same thing... Opening the air boxes, to allow more air into the bike. The more you open it up, the more air you allow into the bike. So, if you get a small design, it may not perform as well as a design that has a larger open area on the front. Proof is in the numbers... I'll find a thread posting the dyno numbers.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126013

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126108

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Justs goes to show how restricted that little two inch hose feeding hot ait into our bikes slowes it down. All that work for 3 HP and then BOOM 11 HP with the touch of a dremel by the master. A massive increase in good cold air does a lot AND it will decrease the tendency to knock if you have the mixture and timeing right.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Screamn and Hink,

Thanks you guys are awesome, I am going to go with the Ducks, Raw Performance or Big shots a PCIII. What is this Cobra F12000? Sorry I am a nub, and have been riding sport bikes all my life and this is my first cruiser.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hink,

You say a larger design, cool so either something custom or something like the M109 cutout.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hink,

Awesome thanks this was just what I needed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts