M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah it took awhile but they're OK, not the quality I expected for the price, but if you can get them at a discount . .
Just peel off the lame reflectors that are stuck on as an afterthought . . and forget the spacers that come with bag hardware.
They make the bags stick way out off the bike. I installed without the spacers but re-used 2 of the original mounting bolts. If you use the supplied bolts without the spacers, there will be a length of bolt sticking too far into the wheel well. If the suspension bottoms out while riding they may contact the tire.
But all in all they don't look bad . . IMHOÂ Â ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually they are average sized, you can stuff a jacket and tools and whatever else you might normally put in these type of bags. I think they might appear small in the photos is because I bolted them as close as possible to the bike without the stand off spacers that came with the bags.  ;)

UPDATE . . I just tried stuffing a "shorty" style helmet and it fit easily, no problem :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid full retail because I ordered them from the dealer the day I bought the bike . . $398 for the bags plus $89 for the brackets. I've seen them advertised for much less online . . :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the Suzuki gel seats, carbon style, much better than stock . . . :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Would you mind terribly taking a picture or two from the rear (the bike's rear) .. Maybe directly behind and then from just normal standing height from behind? If not, thanks anyway :) They look nicer than I remember seeing posted here in the past.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GTBozak said:
Soon you can trade for the traditional bagger look with the 109CÂ :bigthumbsup:
No thanks . . I like my burple bagger just fine ! . . . ;) :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dynamos2000 said:
Would you mind terribly taking a picture or two from the rear (the bike's rear) ..  Maybe directly behind and then from just normal standing height from behind?  If not, thanks anyway :)  They look nicer than I remember seeing posted here in the past.
No problem . . maybe in the next day or two . . :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I think I like that drivers seat. Do you have a better pic of it?

These might not look too bad on the 109 and they pop off pretty quick too. :doorag:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those National Cycle hard bags are a good value for the money . . but I believe they might be too tall for the 109 with the stock exhaust. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Franki A. Have you had a passenger on your bike since the addition of the saddle bags? I was the first one to pick them up from our dealer in Broken Arrow Ok. After getting them on, plus the large touring back rest, and the luggage rack I and the wife took a small trip to Bartlesville. She told me that the bags set too far forward. The heel of her boot just caught the foot peg, the back of her leg is up against the front of the saddlebag. I"ve got to get that problem solved . I"m going to redrill the holes in the bags, and move them backwards 1.00 inch. I hope that will help. By the way I liked your idea about not using the spacers to mount the bags, yours looks alot better than mine do. Mine do stick out alot , yours looks compact and streamlined, Good Job! Has anyone else experienced what I did , or did I mess up? I like the storage , but the quality could have been better!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear ya bro, for the money they want for these bags, I expected a better grade tooled leather  with heavier stitching . .  :dontknow:

My wife doesn't like to ride so I haven't had the issue with the passenger pegs, but just seeing how close the pegs are to the front of the bags I can understand your problem . .

I like your idea to move the bags back, but you will need to lose the stock turn signals. No great loss cause there are some nice little bullet lights available.

and yeah, lose the spacers and bring the bags in tighter to the bike, just watch the excess bolt length in the wheel well . .  :bigthumbsup:  :doorag:

BTW . . :welcome: to the forum ! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts