M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry....dont spend my LIFE on here searching for old threads before I post something!! Just trying to maybe help someone out that needs parts!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
So I'm thinking... That bike has 10 bids already and is at $5100 so far. The multiple bids would suggest that it will probably continue to climb. Just how much money will be saved with buying a bike this way? I mean, the parts are much more expensive when being bought separately (hence why a chopped car is worth much more as parts than a new car). Add the cost of the parts and time/labor to install them and fix the tank etc. You still end up with a bike with a salvage title which is gonna hurt you major if you try to sell it in the future. So, aside from buying it to have some spare parts on hand, what is the benefit to buying a bike this way?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
There is that spare engine that JR was looking for!!

I'd part it out down to the very last nut and bolt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering the same thing Medic!! How much is it it gunna cost to fix that bike?? Lets all guess what the ending bid will be...I'll start!! LOL!!

I'll say....hmmmmm...

$7250.00

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have been considering it, as it would be fun to fix up and turn around and either ride or sell...

Debating it big time right now

·
Registered
956 Posts
Everything wrong with the bike can be replace easy except for the fork. The lights will surely be available cheap on Ebay soon so I would think it could be done cheaply. Soon, you will see used for around the 9 range so you would have to buy this bike under 6 to make it profitable. 6K is alot to invest if your only interest is a spare engine. :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts